Godbur / Royalty AU

Wilbur was a god. He controlled everything. He lived in a castle, and was the king of his own little kingdom.

Wilbur had an eye on this particular human for a while. A being with ram features. His name was 'Schlatt'. The human had caught his eye because he had thought Schlatt was a demon.

Of course, he was just a normal guy that wanted to get through the day so he could go home to his family.

Wilbur found Schlatt's family very interesting. His family had been Royal guards. His sister was the captain of the Royal guard, a very, very respectable job, and Schlatt was just an ordinary guy who worked at a flower shop.

A fucking flower shop, over working as a guard.

Why? Because he liked it. Wilbur found it funny. This man turned down an opportunity to be so highly respected by all the citizens of the kingdom. To be adored by many women, maybe even some men, but no. He chose to be a florist.

Hm.

Wilbur was watching Schlatt, who was doing his usual daily business, tending to the flowers up front. His oldest son, Tubbo, was watering a few, and the littler one, Avix, was running around, playing.

Wilbur admired Schlatt. Everything about this man seemed to be perfect. Absolutely perfect.

He wanted to get to know him, personally, though. So he decided he would leave the castle right then and there. Wilbur snapped his fingers, instantly teleporting to the front of the flower shop.

No one really noticed him at first, until Avix looked up and pointed him out. Wilbur smiled. Jschlatt looked up. "O-Oh! Your majesty! What can I do for you?"

Wilbur looked up at Schlatt. "I was just taking a walk, until I saw the beautiful flowers." Wilbur looked back down at Avix, who was playing with Wilbur's cape.

"Ah, Avix, let's not do that." Schlatt said, picking up his child. Avix only grinned. "I'm sorry, your majest-"

"Oh, it's quite alright. I love children anyways." Wilbur replied.

Schlatt put Avix down. "So, uhm.. Would you like some flowers-?"

Wilbur picked up Avix, cooing at the little boy. "Yes please. How much for a vase full of roses?" Schlatt smiled awkwardly. "Uhm, it's about- Five-"

Wilbur put a bag on the table. "Take this. It will be enough, right?"

Schlatt took the bag hesitantly. "This would be enough to buy.. Ten..? Twelve..?"

Wilbur smiled. "I only want one." Schlatt looked up, turning a little red. "Oh, then- You should take your money back."

"No, you may keep it." Wilbur responded, putting Avix back down. "And, if I may add, your children are adorable."

"Oh, thanks. They look just like their mother.." Wilbur felt a pit in his stomach at those words. "Oh, they have a mother?"

"Not anymore." Schlatt replied, looking down at Avix. "She died of an illness just last year." Wilbur sighed in relief. "I'm sorry for your loss." He placed a gentle hand on Schlatt's cheek.

Schlatt smiled. "It's fine. We're doing just fine."

Wilbur nodded. "Hm.. So, Schlatt. Would you like to accompany me on my walk?"

"But, what about the shop?" Schlatt asked. "Oh, it'll be alright, won't it? You have a co-worker, right?" "True.." Schlatt trailed off. "See? It'll be just fine. Just put the money away and say you'll be taking a break."

Schlatt sighed. "Fine.. My children do need a little time away from the shop, anyways."

Wilbur smiled. "Wonderful! Let's go."