"An unhealthy obssession"

[ c!Simpbur x c!Schlatt ]

Wilbur followed him everywhere. To the store, his workplace, the park, his house..

Of course, Schlatt didn't know about it.  About any of it. Wilbur had planned everything out so carefully, he made sure that the ram had no clue he was following so closely behind him.

He made sure to bring his Polaroid with him, just to get the perfect picture of his beloved. Not like he already didn't have a whole shrine dedicated to the man on the back of his door.

SNAP!

Schlatt turned around so quickly, Wilbur didn't think he'd have enough time to hide away. But he was safe. For now.

"Thought I heard a camera snap.. Must be my head playing tricks on me."

Oh, bloody hell, his voice. It was so lovely. It made Wilbur's skin tingle a bit, possibly mortified of the thought of Schlatt catching him in the act of his stalking.

Schlatt walked off, mumbling to himself about how he was 'just being paranoid' and 'imagining things, maybe even hallucinating.'

Wilbur giggled. Schlatt was absolutely adorable like this.

Wilbur slunk away, following behind Schlatt to make sure the ram would get home safe,

Time Skip

Wilbur taped the Polaroid with the rest in the shrine, making sure to write the date down with a red pen. Wilbur liked the colour of the pen. It was easier to see the hearts he doodled around the pictures.

Wilbur looked at his alarm clock, seeing the time was 10 P.M. Wilbur took off his jacket, beanie, and shoes and plopped down on his bed, pulling out a walkie-talkie from underneath his pillow.

He turned the volume up a bit, and sure enough, he heard Schlatt's gentle snoring. He smiled, stashing the radio away again, and getting off the bed.

He knelt down to where he could grab the box underneath the bed. He labeled it with 'do not open until Christmas' as a trick to anyone who visited him, thinking it was for his 'girlfriend'.

In reality, it was filled with things Wilbur had stolen from his beloved ram, whether it be small things like his cologne, a comb, a pen he'd chewed on, one of his hats..

And of course, Schlatt's favorite sweater.

Wilbur loved wearing it to bed. He did it every single night, making sure to wash it properly with the right fabric softener and laundry detergent. It was warm, and it smelt just like Schlatt. Wilbur grinned, slipping the sweater over his head.

It was a little loose on him, which made him realize the lack of nutrition he had. Who cared, though? He sure didn't.

He resettled on his bed, pulled the covers over him, and closed his eyes. He needed to get some rest, as he hadn't been doing so well with his schedule. He'd been thrown off track one night when Schlatt had invited two friends over.

Wilbur despised the people Schlatt hung out with. Why would he need them? Why did he even like them?

Wilbur was the only one who truly cared about Schlatt. The only one who knew him inside and out. Well, not inside, but.. Maybe he would. One day, very, very soon.

He didn't care much about that part, he just wanted to hold Schlatt in his arms.

One day, he will. He was determined to do it.

Schlatt was going to be all his. Only his. Forever and ever.

The Next Day

Wilbur finally had the courage to do it. He was going to talk to Schlatt. Maybe know him a little better. Maybe even blossom a nice friendship.

Wilbur had tracked the man down at a restaurant. He always seemed to like being at this certain restaurant in the afternoons. Well, it was because of his friends and their frequent meet-ups.

If Wilbur wanted to get close to Schlatt, he'd have to avoid getting caught stalking the ram by his friends. That means he'd have to be extra alert, because there would be the threat of even more people catching him, and possibly calling the police.

Or telling Schlatt himself.

"Uhm- Excuse me." Wilbur looked up from his notebook, where he was writing notes on what he would say to Schlatt when he walked over to him. "I need to get by." Schlatt said, pointing at how Wilbur was blocking his pathway. Wilbur's face went red. "O-oh, sorry, I didn't notice."

"It's fine man, I just need to get a drink, that's all." Wilbur moved out of the way so Schlatt could get his beverage.

"Sorry." Wilbur repeated. Schlatt shrugged. "Like I said, it's fine. No need to apologize." Wilbur smiled awkwardly. Schlatt smiled back, which made Wilbur's heart start pounding like crazy.

"What's your name?" Schlatt asked. "Oh, uhm- Wilbur." Schlatt nodded. "That's a nice name. I'm Schlatt."

"Nice t-to meet you." Wilbur said, holding out a shaky hand. Schlatt took it in his and shook it lightly. "You want to come with me? I'm having lunch with my friends if you'd like to join."

Wilbur nodded. "Erm, sure! If it's not that much trouble." Schlatt shook his head. "It'll be fine man. I'm sure they won't mind."

Schlatt took his drink away from the dispenser and beckoned Wilbur to follow after him. Wilbur walked behind Schlatt, nervously looking around.

Was this a dream?

Wil sure hoped not. Schlatt slid into the booth, patting the seat next to him. "You can sit here, Wilbur." "Oh, thanks, Schlatt." Schlatt put his drink down. "We haven't ordered yet, do you want anything?"

Wilbur's face got a bit redder by the second, and scratched the back of his head. "Uhm.. Just a desert, I suppose."

Schlatt nodded. "Sure, which one? I'll make sure to tell the waitor." Wilbur laughed nervously. "Thanks, Schlatt."

Soon enough, Schlatt's friends came back.

"Who's this?" One asked. "Oh, Quackity, this is Wilbur." Schlatt said, motioning to Wilbur. "And Wilbur, this is Quackity."

"Hi Wilbur! I'm Quackity, and this is Slime!" Quackity motioned to his friend. "Hello!" Slime greeted, holding his hand out to Wilbur.

"He wants to 'dap you up'." Schlatt explained. "Oh." Wilbur took Slime's hand, and the two 'dapped' each other up. Schlatt and Quackity smiled.

A few hours later

"Alright, I'll be seeing you Wilbur." Schlatt said as the two walked home together. "Goodbye." Wilbur replied, waving. As Wil walked home, he pulled a Polaroid out of his pocket. This time, he had gotten a picture with Schlatt.

He smiled.