"Slow Dance"

( I based this off of those scenes in Miraculous Ladybug where Marinette and Adrien dance to the song that played at Chloe's birthday party and on the rooftop in the New York Special. )

⊱ ────── {⋅. ♪ .⋅} ────── ⊰

Wilbur watched as his friends went off without him to dance with one another. He sighed, sitting down at a table and watching them.

He wanted to ask Schlatt, but he felt it would be too awkward of an interaction to do so.

After a while, a new song started to play, it's slow rhythm catching onto the couples on the dance floor, who started to gently sway to the music.

Wilbur smiled.

Someone tapped his shoulder, and he looked up. "Wilbur!" Schlatt said, grinning at his friend. "Schlatt..?" Wilbur asked as his face went red.

"Do you want to dance?" Schlatt asked, extending a hand to the other. "Wait, wouldn't that be too w—" Before Wilbur could even get halfway through his sentence, Schlatt pulled him away.

Wilbur couldn't help but feel a little skittish as Schlatt put one hand around Wilbur's waist and the other took his own hand. Wilbur placed a hand on Schlatt's shoulder.

They started to move together, Wilbur looking down at their shoes to see if he were doing it right. Schlatt moved his hand to Wilbur's face.

Wilbur looked up. Schlatt beamed, pulling Wilbur in closer than before. The Brit's stomach fluttered.

Two of their friends came over to them, and readjusted their hands so now Wilbur's were at the back of Schlatt's neck and Schlatt had both hands on Wilbur's waistline.

Wilbur looked over at his friend, Techno, who grinned and went back to whatever he was doing previously.

Wilbur's gaze rested on Schlatt again, who shrugged and smiled, then rested his head on Wilbur's shoulder.

Wilbur's heart pounded violently in his chest, he was sure Schlatt could feel it. But he said nothing and continued to sway gently to the song with the other.

Wilbur finally smiled, resting his head next to Schlatt's.

"I love you."