18

Tae watched her father as he read through the proposal that was now complete. It was nice having him around because he was cooking his famous dishes for her and making her laugh but she missed Choi.

There were only 3 days left before she had to leave.

Her father looked at her. "This is amazing work. Is Mr. Choi Hyun ready for the presentation?"

"He's hopeless," Tae said, clearing the table. "I figured we could assign our team to him to help because if he presents, he's going to flush this whole project down the drain."

Her father cringed. "That bad, huh?"

"The group of companies stand to make a fortune from this. I helped where I could and with the backing of our team, Mr. Choi Hyun will be a future millionaire."

"Well, I will make the call to Bawinile and Sumit. They are our most valuable marketers and they can present the project. Just make sure that Mr. Hyun is present during the presentation."

Tae nodded.

Her father cleared his throat. "Anything happen while you were here?"

She nodded with a smile. "I'm having a lot of fun. It's a great time."

"You meet anyone?"

She stared at her father. "What have you heard?"

"You attended an event with Mr. Hyun last night."

"Yes. He invited me to his company dinner. It was awesome."

"Nothing else going on between you?"

Tae frowned. "Why are you asking all these questions?"

"I'm just worried about you. Just being a father, I guess, you know what with-"

"Tata (father)!"

"Look, anything could happen at any moment-"

"I am fine. I don't want to talk about this anymore-"

"Your mother sent me over here to make sure that you're fine. And I know that there is something more going on with you and Choi Hyun. I had someone keep an eye on you and report their observations to me. Have you told Choi yet?"

Tae stared at the counter she had been wiping, solemn. "No. I have no reason to tell him. I'm leaving in a few days and whatever is going on will be over. He doesn't have to know."

"Tae-"

"Look, he's good where he is. I have done my job and once I leave the group of companies, it's not like he'll miss me."

"He has to know that you're leaving because according to what my source says, you two have become quite attached to each other. He has to know, Tae. So that he doesn't come to the company with expectations of having you in his corner."

"Is this just about me leaving or are you referring to something else?"

Her father wiped his brow. "Your mom is worried and so am I."

"I said I don't want to talk about this. Look, what Choi doesn't know won't hurt him."

"You're getting married, Taera."