Looped

It was 1AM on a Friday, and I was annoyed at having been woken up by my friend, Jack, by a text message.

"dude get 2 my room and bring me my guitar. Gotta gig in half hour. i need it."

"Idiot." I muttered as I rolled out of bed and crossed the hallway to Jack's room. He had always hidden a copy of his room key on the ledge above the door for situations like this and as I opened his door, a wave of frustration swept over me. His room looked as if it had been trampled by an army of wild rhinos.

"God, Jack. Where the hell is your guitar?" I made my way to the bed and rummaged randomly through the stacks of clothes on top of it, hoping that the guitar was somehow buried beneath them. I frowned as my hands closed around a black, wooden box.

Curiosity consumed me as I inspected the box carefully. Nothing incredible, just a ordinary black box with a rusty bronze clasp keeping it closed. I flipped open the clasp and found a rectangular metal box-shaped contraption in it. In yellow, faded lettering were the words "Time Machine". There was a large red button in the middle.

I let out a laugh. This was just the kind of stupid junk Jack would waste his money on.

"What an idiot." I snickered as I pressed out the red button and tossed the time machine behind my back.

I then proceeded to rummage through the stacks of clothes on the bed and frowned as my hands closed upon a black, wooden box. Frowning slightly in confusion, I opened the box and laughed softly at the metal box-like contraption labeled "Time Machine". Pressing down on its big red button, I tossed it behind my back.

"What an idiot."