That Boy Again

Mia let me stay over. That was good. There are plenty of things I like about her. She never asks too much about my personal life. She's kind, even when she is an extremely busy person. She lives alone.

Above all of it though, she just understands me better than most. And I like to think I understand her just as well. However, I'm not really good when it comes to people.

People are just complex and difficult to understand. Myself included. I don't really know why it's like this though.

Mia goes to college. And I'm in secondary school. I start school earlier than her so I had to get up and leave earlier than her. She understands though.

As I left her house, I realised that I had tests today that I didn't revise for. I sighed as I walked to school, knowing that I would struggle. I was ok smart, so hopefully I would at least pass them.

I made it early to school, so I sat down and quickly looked through my notes. It wasn't enough time though. I guess I just have to try my best then.

At the end of all the tests, I laughed internally. They weren't nearly as difficult as I was expecting. I will get my results next week.

At the end of the lesson though, the teacher wanted to speak to me after everyone had left.

"Skylar, you are a really intelligent girl with lots of potential. I hope you know that."

I nodded, confused.

The teacher continued. "I remember you smiling a bit more in your younger years. Even if you always were a little socially awkward. Now that you've got a job, you just seem so tired and stressed whenever I see you. Are you alright?"

"I'm ok. Do I seriously look that bad? I don't feel super bad, but you're not the first one to tell me this." I replied.

"No, it's just I care. You know, as a teacher. You don't really have friends like everyone else. You can tell me if anything is worrying you."

I looked away. "Honestly I'm ok. I appreciate that. Thanks."

And with that, I got up and fake smiled. "Bye, see you on Monday." and went out of the classroom.

"Have a good weekend!"

'I'll be working this weekend. I'm still sure that it will be ok, though.' I thought.

I was walking across the corridors and it felt really empty. Where were all the teachers? Had all the students already left.

I shook my head as I thought 'The teachers might have some sort of meeting going on. As for the students-"

"Hey." A familiar voice said.

I walked into the wall. Not only were my thoughts distracted, but someone spoke to me too.

I could hear him laughing. I turned to look at him, rubbing my forehead because it hurt.

"Hey?" I responded.

"Can you come outside with me? I want to talk to you." He asked.

I looked out of the corridor windows for a second.

"I don't really know you." I said.

"We can talk in the school playground. I won't hurt you or do anything to you."

"Fine." I didn't really know what else to say.

Seriously, though. What does this guy want from me? What have I done to attract his attention so suddenly? We've only known each other by crossing paths in the corridors. That was ever since we both started our first year here.

I guess I'll just have to find out.