A confession

Oscar's POV 

"When i first started at the academy, i was an eager, young, selfish kid, like Oren. I was willing to do anything to graduate top of the class, maybe even become Ms. O someday. I had a high status, being one of the more popular kids. It was because i was eligible to be an agent very early. Oliver was one of them as well." 

"Oliver?" I asked, checking if i heard her right.

"Mhm.  He always told me if i ever needed help, i could come to him." I clenched my fists. Him? No way. He's an idiot.

"One day i did the worst thing i ever did in my life. I had taken the most important test ever that day and got the lowest grade in the school. Every one was whispering about me, even some professors."

"Really?" I interrupted.

"Yep. I was infuriated, embarrassed, and desperate for help, so i went to Oliver." I could already sense something  bad happening.

"Turns out he had 'connections' with people that could 'help out.' He suggested I trust him, and, as desperate and angry as I was, I did so. He told me to come to the scientist's academy on a Saturday afternoon, so there was no school. That afternoon, I met him at the front door of the scientist's academy. He guided me to an office; Obbs office." She turned her head away from me as if she didn't want to say anymore.

"It's ok (n/n). You can tell me." I put my hand on her shoulder. She was hesitant, but she started talking again.

"Obbs greeted Oliver and I with a handshake and a hug as we walked in."

Flashback to that afternoon✨✨ Your POV

The scientist shook my hand. 

"Nice to finally meet you, O'(y/n)! Have a seat!" I reluctantly sat down in front of his desk. Oliver sat down in the chair next to me.

"Shortie, meet Obbs. President of the scientists."  Oliver gestured to Obbs.

I cut to the chase. "So, Oli here told me you have a way to renew my status. Possibly even make me more respected than before."

Obbs stood up and paced around the room. "Yes, but the means i have are highly experimental. Are you sure you want to do thi-"

I interrupted him. "Yes. Anything to gain my respect and status back." Obbs stayed silent for a moment.

"Ok. Follow me." Oliver and I followed him to a secret lab in the basement.

Obbs showed us a contraption on the desk. "This is the mind alter-inator. It doesnt work on people, but if you zap some food with it and someone eats it, THEN their mind gets altered to whatever you set it to." He handed the gadget to me.

"So this is it? This is the gadget that will fix everything for her?" Oliver asked. Obbs nodded.

The next day i met Obbs in the cafeteria of my academy.

"So what food will you use to control their minds?" He asked.

"Well today is pie day, and i know for a fact that everyone loves the pie here."

"Then lets zap some pie." Obbs put a smug look on his face and so did i.

Back to the present

"We spent the next hour zapping every single slice of pie in the cafeteria with the mind-alter-inator."

"Then what happened?"

"Lunch rush." By the look on her face i could tell something bad was gonna happen.

Flashback again

I rushed into the kitchen from the cafeteria where Obbs was waiting. 

"Everyone's eating the pie!" I exclaimed.

"Good! Now we wait until they-" He was interrupted by a monotonous crowd from the cafeteria.

"Alter. Our. Minds. Enter. Command." They all said in unison. Obbs and I rushed outside. I was about to say my command when Ms. O and Professor O burst into the cafeteria.

"WHAT IS GOING ON HERE?!" Ms. O shouted. I froze.

"I- uh- i-" Obbs then ran in from behind them. 

"There she is! I told you she was controlling the minds of everyone!" He shouted. I was so confused. A few seconds ago, he was by my side, helping me!

"What?!? Obbs what are you doing?!"

Obbs continued. "She broke into MY academy, MY lab and used MY gadget parts to build an illegal gadget!"

"O'(y/n) i am very disappointed in you." Professor O shook his head. I dropped the gadget in shock and it shattered. At that moment, everyone mind controlled was back to normal. They all stared at me, their faces shades of annoyed and disappointed.

"Come with us. We want to discuss a few things with you." Ms. O took me by the shoulders and guided me out of the room.

Back to present again

"After that, i was severely punished and had to redo my whole time at the academy in order to make up for what i had done, while Oliver graduated and Obbs received no punishment whatsoever."

"Why didn't Obbs get punished?" I questioned.

"I later found out Oliver vouched for him and blamed it all on me."

"Wow- thats- thats horrible!"

"Well its not ALL horrible. I met my best friend at the academy while redoing my school year. Orlene." She smiled at me. I was kinda wishing she had said my name, but at least she was happy now.

"Im glad we cleared that up." I smiled back at her.

"Me too. Ive been wanting to talk about that with someone for a while." She leaned on my shoulder and i blushed HARD. i mean like spaghetti sauce red HARD. I had to speak or it would be awkward.

"Im glad you talked about it with me."

"Me too. You're my best friend. I wouldnt want to talk about it with anyone else." Best friend. Those words repeated in my head like one of my clones.

We sat there in the vent just in silence for a minute or so, then we both decided to get on and actually try to escape.

But just think about what happened for a moment. (N/n), my best friend, the girl i like, just opened up to me about a really serious event.

The perfect moment is coming. I can feel it.