24

((Part 21 has been updated - like nearly complete overhaul. A lot of the parts have been updated a bit, give them a read if you'd like!))

Yes, I was mad at Judd. Extremely. But I didn't want anyone else. I was mortified. I couldn't believe that had happened, especially not while I was carrying another man's child. Absolutely flabbergasted.

I bolted through the door at Nick's, hoping nobody had followed me. Diane and Elliott were sitting on the couch, talking with Judd when I'd entered. "What happened, Dylan?" Diane asked, standing to greet my bent frame as I breathed heavily. Judd stared intently, I was sure neither of us knew what to say to each other. I'd spent so much time ignoring him that it felt.. Strange, almost.

I leaned into Diane for a moment. Everything hurt or ached. My knees threatened to buckle at any point. I lifted my head and laid it on Diane's shoulder, whispering the story to her. She tensed. I loved Diane, truly, but the woman was crazy. She mumbled back a few calming words, though she had a grip on a piece of my shirt.

Elliott helped me to Leah's room, where I'd asked to go. I sat on the side of her bed and put my head against her head, sniffling quietly. Leah rubbed my back slowly until I was able to bring myself to face her. I threw my arms around her. We stayed like that for hours until I fell asleep.

It was an empty sleep, no dreams. I could feel myself rolling over. It was like I was right on the edge of sleep and consciousness. I woke only a few hours later with my back and stomach cramping. I tried to push myself up but I couldn't make my body move like that.

I opened my eyes to see Leah's bed empty aside from me. Panic. "Nicky!" I screamed, my voice echoing through the silent house. I heard shuffling from down the hall, followed by a loud thud then nothing but footsteps scrambling towards me. Nick burst through Leah's door. "What happened? What's wrong?" He asked through heavy pants.

"I-" I began to speak but quickly cut myself off at the feeling of rushing liquid down my legs and soaking the sheets under me. "Either I just pissed myself or..." I trailed off, my breath hitching in my throat. "Shit, shit, shit!" He turned and took off down the stairs, slipping down the last few. "Mom! Dad!" He yelled, his voice growing slightly quieter as he headed to their room.

I shifted and scooted until I was sitting up in the bed. Diane was the first through the door. I held a hand out towards her, the other kept securely on my stomach. She turned to look at Leah as she grabbed my hand. "See if you can get ahold of Judd. Tell him to meet us at the hospital."

Elliot and Diane helped me into the passenger seat of their car. I handed Leah my phone. "You'll have better lucky from mine, I promise." She, Nick, and Elliott piled into the back. Diane kept a hand on my knee, giving it a small squeeze occasionally. Leah dialed Judd's number, putting it on speaker. It didn't make it to three rings before he answered. "Dylan?" "Leah. Meet us at the hospital." Then she hung up and shoved my phone in her pocket.

We'd agreed Elliott would park the car while Diane got me into the hospital. Leah was beside me, helping me stay stable. Nick was behind me, trying his best to be encouraging. Diane decided to talk to the receptionist as I was working on my breathing. It didn't take long to get me in. I fought to keep Nick and Leah with me as Diane offered to fill the paperwork out for me.