14

We watched in horror and amusement as Judd began to carve out a hole in the vent and forced his 6'2 frame out of it. He'd never came out of the living room vents before so there was no need for a hole until now, I guessed.

Judd looked at his parents then me. "So what do we do?" He asked. That had been the only time where he truly sounded scared of something. He looked a little pale in all honesty, at least more than usual. "For now, we buy a test and depending on the results, we have a conversation." Diane replied, placing a gentle hand on my shoulder.

Elliott had been the one to volunteer to grab the test. The lot of us sat, waiting in deafening silence. Judd had a death grip on one hand, the other laid on my stomach. I answered questions as they came, Judd mostly spent his time staring off. I could understand that. We were still in highschool and a baby was a huge responsibility, I didn't think he was sure he was ready. I didn't think was ready. We were nothing more than teenagers ourselves.

Elliott arrived with a bag of three tests. They came with two in each box, I just didn't think he realized that in his excitement. Honestly, I loved how happy he looked. Elliott had treated me like I mattered. Especially after my mom just never came back from her vacation with her boyfriend. She wasn't dead, Diane called her after Elliott had gotten back to update her. She was.. Incredibly angry. I'd never been called so many names in my life.

I'd say it was jealousy as she couldn't have any more children after me. Emergency hysterectomy. I'd almost killed her coming out so our relationship wasn't the best from the start. I thought it was funny. I was a broken condom that my dad had to fight to keep, she didn't even want me. He just couldn't have me either. I was kept out of spite. But to hear your teenage daughter got to have a baby when you couldn't, I guessed it pushed her over the edge. You could hear my new stepfather in the background, yelling at her and telling her to "shut the fuck up". Honestly, I thought he was in the right.

Elliott handed me a box with a soft smile. "No matter the results, we'll always love you." The best part of that? He meant it. The worst? He meant it. As I sat on the on toilet and peed into a clean cup, I thought about where we should go with this. If I wanted to abort or adopt out or if I wanted to raise it, if it was positive. The more thought I have it, the more questions that arose.

I'd come to the conclusion that I did want to raise it but did Judd? Would he stay with me and the baby? Would it divide the family? The familiar buzz of a mosquito circled around my head, becoming louder and faster. Tito was perched on my shoulder, biting his 'nails' and glancing back and forth. "What if he won't love you anymore?! What if he hates you and the baby?! What if it's someone else's?!" A quick slap with a flyswatter had him smashed against the wall.

Mona stood there with narrowed eyes, Rochelle beside her. Mona leaned down next to the wall, her face inches from the smudge that was Tito. "Never say that again. Judd is our twin flame, our person! We would rather die than cheat." Mona said, her accent drenched with venom. Rochelle began to glow brightly at the (positive) talk of Judd. "Yes! He's been there since before she knew she'd marry him. He will stay, he loves her! It will be Judd's baby and he will love it and her." She said, her wings fluttering behind her happily. "I'll fucking end you if you ever," Mona growled out, scraping the remnants of Tito off the wall. "Little tit." She continued.

I couldn't lie, I felt so much better after Mona and Rochelle coming to his defense and mine. It was true, I'd never cheated on Judd nor would I. The thought never crossed my mind except when Kitty would plant it in there. But I always felt sick thinking about it. I couldn't hurt him, not like that. Not when he'd been there at my lowest and highest. I was more angry now than anxious.

I turned my attention back to the test, inhaling sharply. The results had surely appeared by now, I was just scared to look at them.