The Big Fight

"So when do you intend to move, Jason asked Mariah, as she laid in his arms scrolling through Instagram feeds.
"Sunday, the movers will be here on Sunday", she replied.
"But you still have two weeks before your rent expires, why not wait till then", he asked, playing with her hair.
"I already paid for the place, why wait for three weeks before I move in?'' she asked. Besides, I will be starting my new job first of next month, and I want to be done with the moving and be well rested before resumption".
" I have gotten used to this place and the people and I don't think I can say all my goodbyes in six days", he replied.
"You don't have to say goodbyes, you can always retain the place if you want". She baits him.
"Retain it?, nay, that's way too much expenses". He scoffed.
"How?, this place is closer to your school compared to your parent's house".
"I know".
"So you would rather pay for transport from your parents' house to school, rather than just retain this place". She asked, looking at him.
"My parent's house, I'm not going to my parents house, '' he scoffed, nervously.
"Oh my bad, I didn't know you had plans already". She said returning to her position in his arms.
"What do you mean by that, I thought the plan was to move in with you", he asked her frowning.
"When did I make such plans with you?", she asked, sitting up.
"Are we not moving in together?", he asked, shocked at her response.
"No Jason, we are not, where did you get that idea from?", she asked. She was enjoying this, she had waited long enough to have this convo.
"We live together already, it only makes sense for us to continue that way".
"Make sense?", ''Dude I'm way too young for that lifestyle, please".
"Wait! Who is going to use the tv you bought", he asked.
"Me of course, durrh".
"But, you will be at work, morning till evening when will you have time for tv?.
"What sought of dumb question is that?".
"I actually thought you bought the TV because I complained of being bored whenever you leave for work", he said sitting up.
" You thought I bought it for you, why would I do such?", she asked in disgust.
"Now I know, you do not have my heart, I thought you loved me?".
"Jason I need my space", she replied.
"What space?",.
"Jason, I am done catering for your needs, I'm done fending for your grown ass, so you wanted to live with me yet couldn't contribute a dime for the rent", she blurted out angrily.
"You have changed so much Mariah, this is not the girl I fell in love with",.
"Well, you are the same guy I fell in love with, lazy, arrogant, dirty and broke. For three years, you did not improve, instead you doubled every bad habit you had, I'm tired of dealing with you".
"Now it's all clear, it's all about the money", Jason said, standing up.
"See, your mindset is still the same", Mariah pointed out.
"I see, you are a fucking gold digger".
"What, Mariah exclaimed surprised, dude I put food on your table, I put a shirt on your back, a roof over god damn motherfucking head, I pay for most of your school bills, I cloth you down to your underwears, so who the fuck is the gold digger".
"So you would rather end what we have than accommodate me for a while?'' he asked.
"Look, what we had ended months ago, you were just too blind to see it".
"Wooow, it's clear now".
"I'm glad it is", Mariah said.
"No wonder you refused to call me to come back home when you returned from your sister's place after I warned you to, you did not even apologize.
"This isn't your home Jason, it's mine", she said pointing a finger to her chest.
"You have changed, you don't listen to me, you don't respect me, you complain about everything I do, so this is the plan".
"What plan Jason, she said with disgust in her face".
"Oh, I see, because you think you have a little money, you think you can push me around, you think I will beg you, never Mariah, I will never beg a woman, never, '' he said storming out of the house.
"Jason, Jason, your bag" Mariah called at him but he refused to answer, he banged the gate and left.
"Well good riddance", Mariah said with Akimbo's hands.

The three days after the argument, Jason came back to Mariah's apartment.
An hour later Maria came home and met him eating.
"What are you doing, how did you get in?", she asked, shocked at his presence.
"Eating, or have you suddenly gone blind, '' he asked her.
"How did you get in?".
"I live here don't I, besides I used the spare key you hid under the rock", Jason replied to her.
"Not anymore Jason, you don't live here anymore".
"Look, i just came in to have lunch, I will be leaving after this", he said pointing to his plate of food.
"Lunch?, the one you prepped or what?, are you nuts Jason?". Matiah yelled.
"Look, I'm sorry for my outburst the other day,"Jason said, standing and holding her hands. "I was angry, but I'm glad we have both come back to our senses, I miss you so much",
"Mariah was left speechless",
"You see why we don't need space, just these three days apart and I look terrible already, I'm tired of fighting with you,'' he said, hugging her.
Mariah finally regained her voice.
"It's okay,'' she said, tapping his back in the embrace, ''but you have to go home today".
"Why?'' Jason asked, releasing her from his embrace and stepping back.
"I have been at my sister's place since yesterday, I just came to pick some clothes", she lied, seeing how angry he was.
"You see, you can't even stay a day without me, '' he said smiling.
"Yeah! that, and also the toilet pipe broke and can't be used, that's why I went there, '' Mariah continued with her lies. " but I will call you on the moving day so we can move in together to my new apartment , how about that", she asked him, smiling.
"That's perfect, Jason said, twirling her in excitement.
"Okay then, let me get my clothes so that we can leave". She said heading to the makeshift wardrobe.
"Fine, I will be outside waiting.

"What a loser, I can't believe it took me this long to realize what a self centered person he is, dude, I'm done with you", she muttered to herself.