138 | Seven Executives

THE BATTLE WAS SERIOUSLY insane. When my clubmates and I were watching, our mouths were literally on the floor because of how crazy it was. The hair on my skin stood up when the lights went back on. Kim Hee-joon really is on a different level." Ari says to Felix and Ervin while the three were eating lunch at the Great Hall with the other white uniform.

     "By the way, where are the brotherhoods? Why are the royals the only ones here?" Ari then asks before taking a sip of his crab soup.

     Felix, who knew what happened with Cigarettes and the other brotherhoods, takes a deep breath before putting his spoon down. "Shit went down recently," he tells them, making his two friends looks back at him.

     "What do you mean?" Ervin asks.

     Felix leans closer to them and softly says, "You guys heard about the rumor regarding Krist that suddenly spread the other day, right?"

     "Yeah, we heard of them. I immediately told my members that it wasn't true," Ari says, and Ervin nodded his head as well, indicating that he did the same thing.

     "Well, we found out that Cj was the cause of it," Felix finally reveals, shocking the two.

     "What?!" They shouted in unison, making the white uniforms around them look back at them in shock. After brushing them off, Ari leans close to Felix again and says, "H-How did you know about this? What's going on? Are Cigarettes and Jokers in bad blood again?"

     "I actually can't really explain everything since Max is the only one who knows what's happening, but for now all we could do is wait. It would be bad if we involve ourselves in this matter, especially when we don't know what's going on." Felix explains, and Ari and Ervin couldn't help but agree more.

     "By the way, where is Max?" Ervin then asks.

     "He's still at the clubroom; said he'll just follow right after," Felix says as he takes his spoon again so he could continue eating. "Ever since we've had our new club advisor, we've all been stressed out, especially Max. You guys already know how complicated that guy's life is, and this advisor isn't helping at all."

     "We should help Max out. We're already on thin ice with him, especially after that..." Ari pauses and leans even closer so he could whisper, "That drug incident with his brother."

    "Please don't remind me of that," Ervin says, grabbing his soda and chugging it down, remembering the time they had to give Max a pill that would suppress his memories. "I already feel guilty enough for not telling Max about it. To be honest with you, I've been dying to tell him, but do you think it would do Max more good than harm if we do?" Ervin asks.

     The question made Ari and Felix quiet since they didn't know the right answer either.

     "I don't know Ervin. I feel like—"

     "Let's look at it this way," Ervin says, cutting Felix off. "If we tell Max the truth, we're not only revealing something the Sinclaire's have tried to hide for years, but we're also challenging his entire family. Are you guys ready for that?"

     Ari and Felix looked at each other. Ever since that incident, Felix was willing to tell Max the truth, it was Ari and Ervin who was afraid. But now that things aren't looking good for Max, keeping this information a secret feels wrong from all angles.

    "Secrets are such a dangerous thing. Look at Krist and Cj. Sometime you can't even trust the people you're closest with," Ari then points out.

     "But are we really friends if we continue to keep secrets from each other?" Ervin asks back, and that single question made Felix feel terrible inside. When Ervin and Ari continued eating, Felix suddenly slammed his hands on the table, making the two flinch.