Levi Ackerman × Reader (part 2)

'Looks like you had a bad twist, Levi.' Hanji exclaimed while tying the white gauge tightly around his ankle, with him occasionally winching in pain. I sat on the couch, watching him as my vision slowly fades to Petra getting trampled over. It's giving me chills.'All done! You need to be off of that leg for at least a couple of weeks.'

'Thanks for the torture.' Levi clicked his tongue after the horrible sarcasm he demonstrated.

'Anytime! You are in charge of cleaning Levi's diaper.' Hanji turned to face me. 'Y/N?'

'Yes?....Oh yes...' I stammered before returning my gaze out of the window.

'I'm leaving the ointments for the night. You will have to open the gauge and apply it for pain relief Levi. Ask Y/N to do it when she is out of her head.' Hanji said while walking out of the door.

'Why can't I do it?'

'Because I said so. And I trained Y/N.' The door closed with a loud thud startling me for a moment before the horrifying memories started clouding my mind desperately, my conscious fighting not to let in the tempting suffocation from losing the will to live.

'So annoying!' Levi complained. Like always.

(•_•)

The clouds outside the window started to change colour from yellow to purple to dark navy to almost black with a hint of white light. What if Petra can see me? Was she alive when she was thrown out of the wagon?

'Oi....'

Is she alive out there? I thought.

'Oi! Musty brat. Did you lose your hearing too?'

I snapped out of my imagination and focused on Levi who was sweating. I ran to open the window and walked back to the bed. He must be sweating from the pain.

Tracing the ending of the gauge, I slowly untied it and started putting ointments as instructed, with Levi groaning occasionally. 'Stop blaming yourself and come back to your fucking sense. Those who join Scout Regiment know that their lives are on the line. And that fucking hurts like shit!'

'Better than getting stomped by a fine-ass titan. Don't you think ?' I retaliated.

My eyes are threatening me, flooding with tears yet again.'Petra would have killed for this time with you.' I manage to say while looking down so he doesn't see tears dripping on the bedsheet. I put the bandage back on gently and sat there. Waiting for the tears to stop. Waiting for Levi to tell me to get out.

Waiting....waiting...

Until I felt a hand patting my head softly as if I was a bird. I lift my head to look at him through my teary eyes.

'I owe this to Petra Ral.' He said nonchalantly.

'Heichou.'

He scooted near me, enough to just turn and dug my head into his chest which I did. Tying my hand around his waist I tried to hide in his arms from the pain. He kept brushing my hair with his slender fingers like he knew how it felt. He knew. He knew everything that I was experiencing. He knew. Until I eventually fell asleep.

(¬‿¬)

With a sore neck and puffy eyes, I looked around to see was still in Levi's room using his chest as my pillow. His leg dangled from the bed looking all swollen.'Shit, your leg needs to be elevated. ' I stood up quickly, elevating his leg with the pillow and dragging another pile under his head.

'You don't have to treat me like an old hag', he murmured with his eyes closed. I fixed his bed and cleaned any remaining from the 1st aid kit before going to get breakfast.