♡︎| Chapter 9 |♡︎

••❣︎❤︎❣︎••

Swish.. swish

The sound of a sickle cutting tall grass. Y/n wipes off the sweat on her forehead with a hand towel from her shoulder, before bending down and start cutting again.

Alondra, who's under the shade of a big tree, groans from boredom. She wanted to go and play but Y/n denied her wish. She doesn't want her niece to go outside without an adult to look after her. She told her that she can play later, when she's done cutting grass.

Alondra couldn't take it anymore and sneakily escapes the yard, she almost tripped but she successfully made it without Y/n noticing. Alondra congratulates herself in her mind, marching happily to her destination eventually.

⊱⋅ ──────────── ⋅⊰

✰ Chapter 9 ✰
Saved

Y/n huffs, dragging her body to the shed to return the sickle to its place. She stretches and was about to get a glass of water until she notices that her niece is not under the tree. "Alondra?" She called.

She sprints to the inside of her house, checking Alondra's favorite hiding spots, or any hiding spots. Y/n's breathing starts to pace, her niece isn't in the house, where could she be? "Alondra!?"

Should she go outside and search for her? Of course, but she can't leave Liliana alone, all of her brothers and sister-in-law are busy with their jobs.

Y/n finally decided to bring Liliana with her then runs outside and tries not to let her anxious feeling take over her mind.

She went to the playground, it's quite big and many children are in it. "Aaawww, you're baby is so cute." A kind-looking stranger said. Y/n shakes her head instantly, "She's not mine, she's my brother's. Can I ask something? Have you seen a 4-year-old girl, short (hair type) hair, (e/c) eyes, (s/c) skin, and wearing a red dress?" The stranger rests their chin on their finger to think, "I'm sorry, but no."

Y/n gulps, "Oh." She said in a slightly low voice. "I can help you." They offered with a warm smile. The woman rejected it, scared that she might lose control and they'll find out, "You're kind, thank you, but I'm fine finding her myself." The stranger nods, "Ok, good luck finding her." They wave each other goodbye.

Y/n turns to scan the playground, there are only unfamiliar faces. "Alondra!?" She shouted her name, praying silently that she'll finally appear in front of her, laughing.

"Y/n?" Y/n's eyes widen when she heard a familiar voice. "Why are you shouting Alondra's name like you lost her?" Her sister-in-law, Liliosa, joked.

The younger woman was glued to the spot, stunned. Liliosa took notice, "Is something wrong?" She asked worriedly. "I-I..." Y/n stuttered, cringing at herself why words won't come out of her mouth. Liliosa waits patiently for her to answer. "I lost Alondra." When Y/n said that, she froze, "Alondra.." she pauses, "You lost Alondra!?" Y/n jumped by her yelling. Liliana starts to whimper by the loud noise. "Mi bebé." Liliosa takes her from Y/n while looking at her disappointedly.

"I'm so sorry, I'll find her I promise." She pinches the sides of her nails since she didn't bring her fan, she can't bite her lip without it. "Y/n, wait-" Liliosa tried to reach Y/n but she already left the playground.
°

            °

°

             °

The Madrigals gather for lunch. Everything was fine but then Julieta took notice of Bruno's stiff posture and Dolores' quick glances at Camilo. She was going to say something about it when Alma, who's now 81 years old, taps her spoon against her glass three times to get everyone's attention.