♡︎| Chapter 4 |♡︎

••❣︎❤︎❣︎••

"Mama... Papa.." Little Y/n cried. Her knees pressed against her chest with her arms wrapped around them.

She was hiding in the forest while her house is burning down. Y/n can hear the yells from her brothers who were looking for her, yet she still doesn't want to show herself. Suddenly, a phoenix came out from behind her. The girl jumped from fright and crawled backward. The smoke on her head became worse.

The bird slowly flew towards her, to show her that it was not going to hurt her. It nudges her to stand up from her back. Y/n was scared that it might kill her if she didn't obey so she did. The phoenix grabbed her wrist and lead her back to her worried brothers.

⊱⋅ ──────────── ⋅⊰
✰Chapter 4✰
Feelings

Camilo sees the glass in front of him. He is feeling a bit thirsty but he just can't take something that's not his. "Drink it, it's for you." He jumped at the sudden voice. He quickly turns around to see the voice's owner, he sighs in relief as he places his hand where his heart is, "Y/n? Phew, it's just you, you scared me." Camilo chuckled.

After Camilo drinks the water, he gives thanks to his friend before he puts the glass back on the coffee table. "This is your house? It looks nice." "Thank you." He grins, "So, why am I here? I think I was playing with kids then I woke up in here?" Camilo asked with a puzzled look on his face.

"You fainted Camilo." Y/n replied, worry laced in her voice. Suddenly, there's a knock on the door. "I'll get it." Camilo sprints to open the door, revealing Señora Padrosa, the mother of the kids he babysat, "Oh Camilo, you're here. Sorry about recently, the kids can be too much. I hope you're feeling better now." The woman smiles at the boy apologetically.

Camilo waves his hands, "Ay, no need to say sorry señora, just doing my job!" He reassured her.

Padrosa eyes at Y/n behind him, she chuckles, "Your friend carried you here you know?" Camilo's face flushes at what the woman said. She carried him all the way here? He thought it was someone like Señora Padrosa's husband or one of Y/n's brothers. He feels bad now.

Y/n noticed his embarrassed look, she tries to think of the right words to comfort him that it's fine, "You're light Camilo, so it's alright."

But she made it worse, his whole face turned red. The woman hands Camilo a bag as she holds back her laugh, "Here, I got some buñuelos for you as a thank you." Camilo's eyes lit up, grabbing the bag from her hands, "No, thank you Señora!"

Y/n stares at the sight of Camilo smiling, it's one of the brightest smiles she has ever seen. Honestly, she's kinda jealous that he can express his enthusiasm with no trouble, while she has to control her emotions, remembering what Señora Alma and her brother Orlondo told her. But despite that, she still genuinely cares for him, her friend.

Padrosa waves the two goodbyes before she leaves. Camilo excitingly takes one buñuelo from the bag and quickly chomps it down before grabbing another one. "This is so good~," He said blissfully, "Here, have some!" The boy offered. "I have to go to the bathroom first." Y/n excused, "Make yourself at home."

Camilo looks around the place again, the interior design is simple but welcoming. He then spots a portrait of a man and a woman, with 4 young boys and a little girl in the woman's arms. A family portrait. The longer he stares at the smiling little girl, the more he sees the Y/n's resemblance, he can tell by her eyes. He smiles, he thinks she looks so adorable as a child.

Then he remembers the rumors about the Castillo family. He knows that it might be fake but what if it's not? The talks about her parents abandoning her and her brothers, and the other about them running away. And another one, about Y/n doing demonic things. His Abuela even warned him.