♡︎| Chapter 1 |♡︎

••❣︎❤︎❣︎••

Y/n Castillo, the name of Encanto's most mysterious and quiet girl.

Despite her blank and cold eyes, there are people who admire her elegance. Chin up high, chest out, and she walks like an angel.

But she always has a fan that covers the lower half of her face that people wonder if her arm gets tired.

Y/n Castillo.. she might surpass Isabela Madrigal's beauty and grace that's what some villagers say.

Y/n Castillo..

Y/n..

"Camilo!" The boy jumped when his his cousin, Mirabel, pulled him out of his trance. "I called you so many times, what's going on with that head of yours?"

Camilo apologizes, "I'm sorry, I'm just a bit tired. What do you want?"

Mirabel is carrying a box full of yarns and silks. She looks down at it, "Well, I was about to ask you a favor if you can give this box to Jacinto Castillo for me. But since you said you're tired-" The girl was cut off when Camilo yanks the box off of Mirabel's arms. His eyes silently telling her that he can do it.

Few seconds of silence, she smirks, "Excited to see his sister huh?"

⊱⋅ ──────────── ⋅⊰
✰ Chapter 1 ✰
A Blooming Friendship

Her teasing made Camilo's eyebrows furrow, "What makes you think that?" "Oh, I don't know, maybe it's because of the way you look at her." said Mirabel.

"But," she continues, "I don't blame you. Her mysteriousness makes her intriguing. I sometimes wonder what's in her mind when I see her."

The boy agreed before he goes out to send the box to the Castillo household, greeting some people on the way there. Then, he saw her.

His pupils went wide, his heart starts to beat fast, and his lips parted at the sight of Y/n, with her usual fan covering half of her face, getting fruits at the market.
.
.
.

The first time he met her was a few months ago. He was playing hide and seek with Mirabel and the kids they babysit.

He was hiding behind a tree then he spotted her with a basket full of thick books. Camilo often hears about Y/n thanks to the villagers. Some admires her, some fears her.

Why some are afraid of her? According to her neighbors, they sometimes smell smoke at her house when there's nothing. Then rumors about her doing demonic things spread.

Camilo pondered why only Y/n they fear and not her older brothers. Maybe it's because she seems to be the most suspicious out of them. Heck, no one except her brothers even knows her name. They just nickname her the quiet girl.

Suddenly, the handle of her basket snapped, and one of her books landed on her foot, yet, she has no reaction. Weird thought Camilo.

Forgetting about the game, he ran towards her to help. He is a Madrigal, one of his jobs is to help the people no matter what.

Y/n was about to pick the books up but was stopped by the boy. When Camilo finished gathered them all in a stack, the girl was about to get the books off of his arms but he insisted that he will carry them for her.

For the first time, he sees her this close. He didn't realize that he's staring into her deep (e/c) eyes. The sun that was about to set behind her makes her look even more angelic.

Until she says something in a hushed tone, "Follow me." Her choice of words is kind of confusing but Camilo paid no mind to it.

As they walk, people around them starts to stare at the two. The boy just smiles and waves at them.

5 minutes later, they finally arrive at her house, Y/n turns to him to retrieve the books. She then tilts her head down with her eyes close, "Thank you, Camilo Madrigal." Before looking at him again.

"You're welcome. And just call me Camilo, no need to be formal." He chuckled.

"If it's alright, may I know your name?" His question made the girl's eyes widen. This boy will be the second person outside of her family that knows her name.

"Y/n. Y/n Castillo."
.
.
.

Camilo didn't pay attention to where he's going anymore until he bumped to a tall, middle aged man. The juice in his hand spilled and stained his shirt. The young boy gulped when the man's face displays fury.

"Great! Just after my thought that this day couldn't get any worse." He grumbled. Then he aggressively throws the cup to the ground before he turned to Camilo.

"You!!" He yelled, getting the other villgers' attention. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry señor!" Camilo said, putting the box down and clasps his hands together, hoping the older man will forgive him. What he didn't know is that there's a certain girl walking towards them.

"I don't care! You just made my day even worse!!" The man pushed Camilo's shoulder hard that made the younger boy winced.

People around them just stands there with their jaw dropped, not expecting the man would physically hurt a Madrigal. "Señor." A voice interrupted.

Murmurs starts to occur around them by the sight of Y/n. She stands in front of Camilo, "Sorry to hear that you're having a bad day but that is no excuse for you to hurt someone, especially a kid." Her voice is quiet but you can still hear irritation in it.

The man just scoffs, "Mind your own business young girl. Didn't your parents told you it's rude to interrupt?" The girl's eyes darkens, "I'm glad they didn't." "You just ran away from them. They must be disappointed in you." He spat before he marched away.

"I thought her parents abandoned her and her siblings?"

"Yeah, that's what Adrianna told me."

After all that, the villagers disperse. Y/n sighs before she turns to Camilo who's still shaken a bit. The girl walks closer to him, "How are you?" She checked on him.

Camilo taps his thigh in a rhythmic pattern, "I'm fine now. You don't have to do that but thank you."

Y/n nodded, she was about to massage his shoulder but decided to stop herself. She bent down to pick up the box on the ground, with one hand, "Is this from Mirabel to Jacinto?" Camilo replies, "Yes." while looking away, he doesn't want to get lost into her eyes again. But then he hears shuffling that made him turn back to her.

He looks at Y/n struggling a bit, "Why are you covering your face with that fan? You need two arms to carry the box and that basket of fruits you know?" He teased her.

The girl says, "I think it's too soon to answer that." "Alright." Camilo holds back a laugh as he grabs the box from her.

Once again, the two walk together but unlike last time, they're conversing. Chatting about their likes and dislikes, hobbies, and Camilo sharing short stories that happened in his life.

Camilo chuckles at the thought that the 'most quiet' girl is actually quite talkative. Her face is still expressionless, but she genuinely enjoys his company.

"All these chatting, does that mean we're friends now?" Camilo asked.

His question made Y/n's heart beats fast, which made her panic a bit and must control herself before it gets worse, she doesn't want him to know. She took a deep breath before answering, "Do you want to?"

"I like your company and I want to know more about you so yes, I want to be your friend." Camilo grins.

"Alright, let's be friends." Her answer made his grin grew wider. What he doesn't know, behind her fan is her wearing a small smile.

☼︎End of Chapter 1☼︎