♡︎| Chapter 5 |♡︎

••❣︎❤︎❣︎••

Camilo woke up by the sound of a loud knocking on his door. He covers his head with a pillow to block the sound, but it's no use when it suddenly bursts open. "Buenas dias primo!" Mirabel cheered while she tries to pull her cousin away from his bed.

"Go away Mirabel." He groaned as he digs his fingers onto the bedsheets. An idea pops up in the girl's mind, "If you don't go downstairs right now, the food for the birthday boy will get cold."

Camilo's eyes lit up at the mention of food. It's his birthday today. He then pushed Mirabel outside immediately to get changed.

⊱⋅ ──────────── ⋅⊰

✰ Chapter 5 ✰
A Gift

Felix roars in laughter, "There's the birthday boy!" He ruffled Camilo's hair. "Happy birthday Camilo!" Everyone shouted with joy. The boy proudly puffs out his chest, "I feel loved, thank you everyone." He grinned. "Oh please, don't say that like you weren't." Isabela snarked. "Whatever prima." Camilo smirked, thinking of his next prank for his eldest cousin. "Come on everyone, let's eat." Alma clapped.
°

                  °

°

                  °
6:00 pm

Y/n looks outside of the window, seeing many people walking to La Casa Madrigal. She knows that it's Camilo's birthday, who doesn't? She stays hidden in her house yet she feels bad for not going there and greet him. She thinks of an idea, a few minutes of thinking and finally, the light bulb lights up in her head. The girl walks to her room to start working.

Meanwhile, everyone in the Casita starts eating, dancing, and having fun. Camilo is in the kitchen, getting a stack of arepas, licking his lips at its delicious smell. "Remember sobrino, eat slowly." Julieta lectured. "I know tia." He then swallows a whole arepa in one bite before going back to the party.

Camilo sits on a chair to continue eating while looking at the people having a good time. Despite these many visitors, it still feels like it's missing someone, Y/n is not here. The realization hit him, he wanted to go outside to see her though it may cause his family to search for him.

Suddenly, a girl his age walks to him, "Hola! Just wanted to greet you a happy birthday." She smiled. Camilo thanked her, mirroring her smile. Then going back to finish his food.

Camilo burped, "Gracias." He mumbled with a content look. He stands up to return the plate only to almost dropped it by fright when he saw the girl still standing there. She laughs, "Sorry."

The boy chuckles, "It's alright, why are you still standing here? Aren't you supposed to join them?" He gestured to the dancing villagers. The girl replies, "I found it weird for the birthday boy sitting in the corner all alone, so here I am." Camilo grins, "Ah, thank you, but there's no need for that, I assure you, it's fine."

She plays with her hair, "Well, I was about to ask you to dance with me, if it's okay with you." Camilo nods, "Sure, what's your name?" "Lumina Reyes." "Pretty name for a pretty girl." He complimented. Camilo looks down at his ruana, "I have to change first, this one got messy." Lumina giggles, "Sure, I'll wait here."

He hurriedly walks to his room. When he got inside, he sees something shining on his bed. He steps closer to it and spots a bracelet with a tiny chameleon origami coated with clear nail polish as its charm. Beside it, is a small note. Camilo picks it up and read, "Happy birthday Camilo Madrigal ★ I hope you like it -Y/n" How did she..