Not a Hallmark Movie

Slowly parting, Zayn held her cheeks softly as his eyes remained closed.  He had so much making up to do...

Kate pulled back, still in a daze but she, she. After all this time, after she built up her resolve, after she was beginning to move on.  Not knowing what to do but feeling like as if she was helplessly drowning in emotions, Kate slapped his shirt clad chest, trying to ignore the hardness of it to keep her wits because god help him if he said it was a mistake. Again. 

Zayn looked down just as Kate's hazel eyes burned with a slight fury that should have frightened him but he was still reveling that she was in his arms and she couldn't simply hit reject on her phone so he'd be helpless to do much else but stare at her contact picture on his phone. Her smiling goofily as she held up the microphone proudly at karaoke while Ara and Melina fruitlessly fought to not sing too.

"Zayn Malik, you're really something," Kate said almost in humor but she was trying to harden herself in case the guy said the blasted f word again.  "Why are you doing this?" She asked as she punched his arm softly with her closed hand.  "What is wrong with you? You want me now that you can't have me? Why couldn't you have wanted me when all I could think about was you?" She fired away, punctuating each question with another soft hit, not wanting to hurt him but making sure he heard everything she said. 

"I missed you, I missed us," Zayn finally said as he grabbed her pounding fists with his own hands to lower them to her waist. 

"How can I miss something I never  had Zayn Malik!" Kate said fiercely looking up at him. 

"Kate," Zayn bit his bottom lip as he looked down at her.  "Do I have to kiss you again?" He joked as he stroked her hair, trying to calm her down, never having seen her this revved up before.  Normally she was so calm, but he couldn't blame her.  The boys, Melina and Hope were right, he did yank her chain too much. 

Kate swallowed as her anger dissipated, it wasn't really all his fault.  She was just a glutton for heartbreak.  She should have known all along...

Just as he leaned back forward toward her. He was cut off as once more Kate slapped her palm against his solid chest.  She fisted his shirt out of instinct as she looked up at him, searching his eyes. "If you kiss me again," She gulped.  "We can never go back.  If you kiss me, you have to either hold me or let me go because I can't go through that again." She finished off as she released his shirt, about to step away. 

At her backing away, Zayn's eyes widened before he practically lunged to hold her, his dream, nightmare was not going to come true! His fingers grasped her hips before he pulled her flush to him, burying his face in her hair. 

"You're going to be too late," Dream Kate has said so sadly, frightening him more than even the boogieman could  ever attempt. With that thought, he pressed his lips against hers in a more forceful kiss, because fear made men do some outrageous things like fly halfway across the country with only a backpack and no security, thanks to his mates for covering for him.  Only to kiss a girl for exactly another ten minutes before he'd most likely be called and yelled at before they demanded from him to fly back immediately.  But Kate... he had to before he was too late!

Just as that thought occurred, his cell phone went off. 

~~~

One second Zayn Malik was kissing her the next, she was watching as he was hauled into a black van by Simon Cowell's US company that was based in L.A. but had a small sister label in the Bay Area. 

She just watched flabbergasted as Zayn, after kissing her once more, was gone. Just like that. 

"What just?" She asked as she sat down on the first step of the stairs, her legs feeling like jelly and her emotions like useless blubber.