Emotions

~~~

“I can’t believe you three.” Zayn shook his head, sighing as he slowly let his anger go.  It was just a tad ridiculous of him to be so angry about the girls canceling Kate’s room so they could all share one and split the costs.  But when he’d first heard, he couldn’t believe it.  He and the boys had gone through so much planning… but who were they kidding?  Like as if the girls were going to be fine with being shuffled here and there. They were all rather independent types and anything but docile.

Kate offered a small innocent smile.  But she wasn't really sorry.  She already felt a bit of a free loader as it was.  Zayn was her friend.  Not some Daddy Long Legs of hers.  It was killing her savings for a new car, but her dad's old one was still working quite well.

“I guess though if it makes you three feel better,” Zayn leaned against the wall, watching Kate to read her face.  Kate was one of those whose poker face was rather nonexistent.  Everything she felt was written in her expression. One just had to know and have the capability to look far enough. 

“It does,” Kate said smiling.  “I’m your friend Zayn and I don’t want to burden you with having to pay everything for me. At least paying for the hotel room makes me feel a modicum less like as if I’m using you.”

“Kate, just shush.” Zayn said looking up at her.  “I understand...mostly, but you never make me feel that way. You... are one of my closest friends and I wanted you here..  New York is by no means a cheap city espeically for the amount of time I asked for.  Okay?”

Kate bit her bottom lip as her hazel eyes displayed her hidden smile.  “Okay…”

“Anyway, follow me, I want to show you a place that if you want to, you can stay at for the concert.  It’s a great place to take pictures.” Zayn quirked his right brow as he said so. 

“Of course I have my camera, you really think I was going to miss this opportunity?” Kate rolled her eyes, huffing. 

“I didn’t say anything.” Zayn grinned as he began to lead them, waving at one of the stagehand as they went. 

~~~

Kate watched wide eyed and shocked as she saw the boys jumped off the stage.  She let her camera hang on her neck, as she watched the scenes.  There was Liam grabbing some unsuspecting girl.  Harry and Zayn both jumped off together but Zayn held back, smiling at fans and touching their outreached hands before going back up the stage himself. Looking as confused as ever, but trying to interact with as many fans as he could while they reached out to touch him. Harry though had gone to grab Hope followed by Louis and Niall.  Kate wanted to laugh at the situtation, but dared not.  Kate sought back to find Zayn on the stage. He was sort of worrying her...

It was at that moment that their eyes met.  Despite the distance it felt like as if he were looking right into her eyes.  Kate watched as he nervously adjusted his ear piece, giving her a smile that was half amused, half worried, and one hundred percent stressed.  

Kate bit her bottom lip as she watched him, wondering what the heck was happening because from Zayn’s tensed body language and his facial expression, this was definitely not planned. 

“Are you okay?” Kate yelled feeling a bit silly but felt like as if she had to say something. However her yelling was answered with a look of confusion as Zayn squinted to see her. 

Kate gestured frustration with her hands before spelling out the word R and U then ending with an okay sign. 

Her reply was a raised brow before Zayn tapped the mike against his chin, still staring and squinting.  Unfortunately it was at that moment that Louis managed to adlib causing Zayn to look away.

Kate though, continued to watch nervously until she finally saw Zayn smile halfway through the song when the girls joined in on the song.  She couldn’t help but let out a long sigh before smiling once again.  That was stressful enough and she wasn’t even in the line of fire…

Taking her camera out once more, Kate began to take pictures once more. 

~~~

As the song was finishing, Hope’s song, not that any of them would dare say that out loud.  But nonetheless, Zayn couldn’t help looking up once more. An ear to ear grin graced his face when he didn’t see Kate persay, but her large camera.  It felt like déjà vu as he watched the camera slowly lower so that the warmest hazel eyes were peeking at him. 

With a wink, he gave her one of his widest smiles, hoping that she could see that he was fine now.  That the mess was mostly over due to Louis' adlibbing.  Even though he could barely see her, he knew that she had been worried, probably feeding of his own stress. 

Its all okay now Kate. I think. He silently thought.  Now all I have left is your song...

~~~

"Don't smile at me like that Zayn." Kate whispered.  "Or I might look too much into it..." Kate sighed as she fisted her camera strap. 

~~~

I'm sorry its so short! But I promise the next one will be longer and will lead to the climax! So please stay tuned for that. I love all fo you so much, thank you for being such great fans!