Part 10 - "What the fuck"

I knock on the door to Echo's room and wait for someone to open it. I've learnt repeatedly not to go in without knocking. They have sex, WAY too much. The door opens to a sleepy Ophelia, her hair sprawled everywhere. I wait for her to realise who it is and she lets me in. "Why have you got blood all over you? Is it yours?" She squeals, a groan from the other side of the room catches my attention. Sorry Ace. "Of course it's not mine, I had a Reaper mission and I need to have a shower." I assured. "Oh okay, but you do realise you have your own bathroom, and it's a lot better than ours." She replies, walking over to the bed and launching herself into it, Ace complains of course, muttering curse words under his breath. "Yeah I know, but Joey's being an asshole, and he's drunk and pissed at me." I shrug. "Well, have a shower first but then we're getting all the girls together, I need to hear the details and whether or not I need to come out of retirement and murder Joey." She replies, dead serious. I laugh to myself, shaking my head as I go to their en suite bathroom.

By the time I've returned to the room, Ace has been kicked out, there's a ginger, pregnant woman, a shooting range queen, a tattoo artist, and the old retired mother fucker. "Bro, I'm not even dressed yet." I complain, making sure my towel is wrapped tightly around my body. "Get dressed quickly, I need to hear details." Delilah said, finger gunning me. "What the fuck." I mutter to myself as I get changed, the girls talking about random shit. Yeah I get changed in front of them, so... I don't really give a fuck, I've not got anything to hide. I put a white sports bra on, nike white socks, nike pro shorts and I throw my wet hair into a bun, it's going to go so frizzy when it dries. They're all sat on Ophelia's bed with coffee in their hands. I go to the bed and a coffee cup gets placed into my hands by Emily. They finish off their conversation and turn to me. "First of all, you look fit as fuck right now, your tattoos are literally fucking amazing." Maisie says, motioning to me, "but second, I need the gossip girl." Everyone nods in agreement. "I literally don't know where to start." I sigh, massaging my temples. "Well, my 'parents' show up out of nowhere, and one of my favourite brothers won't stop arguing with me about them, I don't want them in my house, I don't know them. I saw my parents die and nobody understands how weird I'm finding this." I complain, resting my head on Ophelia's shoulder, she rubs circles on my back, leaning her head on top of mine. "Well, Ashton doesn't like arguing with you, he is literally going insane 'cause of it, I understand how you feel babe. I mean, if my parents suddenly came back from the dead, I would be trippin' as well." Arabella says, rubbing my knee. Delilah speaks up, "Adam has been saying that he found it strange as well, but they really are your parents, I mean... have you seen them, you're practically your fathers twin, and your mother looks exactly like your brothers, there's no doubt they're your parents." I play with my promise ring, taking slow sips of my coffee. "I know they're my parents, I remember them from when I was younger, I remember everyone telling me how me and my father looked like the same person. I just can't wrap my head around it, I could've sworn I saw them die. No, I DID see the die." Ophelia grabs my hand, "hard truth babe, you've got to talk to them, I mean, I've spoken to them, and put it this way, you got your feisty attitude from your mother." I finish my coffee, "thanks girls, I'm going to talk to them today, and I'll try not to be such a bitch to them." Everyone keeps looking at me. "What?" I ask, placing my empty coffee cup on the bedside table. "Joey...?" Emily encourages. I immediately look down at my lap, continuously fidgeting with my ring. "He asked me to marry him..."

The room goes silent. I look up from my lap, everyone's mouths are hanging open. "Uh guys?" I ask, there's no movement. "What the fuck." Ophelia says. "And you're pissed at him because?" Arabella adds. "You don't know the full story yet," I reply, rolling my eyes playfully at her. "TELL US THEN!" Delilah yells, everyone covers their ears. "Oh my satan Dee, shut the fuck up. Basically, it's Joey's birthday soon and I asked him what he wanted, he said he wanted to marry me. I thought he was joking, so I laughed, he told me he was serious. So I explained to him why it wasn't the right time, and he walked out of the kitchen." I explain, the girls listen to every word I say, analysing my face, my hands, which still happen to be playing with my promise ring. Ophelia places her hands over mine, stopping me from fidgeting. "I love you babe, but I really seriously think that you two need to talk to each other, explain why you don't think it's the right time, maybe he'll come to understand." Ophelia replies, looking into my eyes. I hug her and wrap my arms around her waist, her arms around my neck. "Thanks guys, I really needed this." I utter. "Now, go and get your man girl, your parents can wait. He should be sober by now, also, I may have heard Ace mutter something about killing Joey, so I would go and check on your lover boy now..." Ophelia whispers to me, my eyes widen and I jump out of the bed, and run around the house like a loon trying to find Joey.

It doesn't take long due to the shouts of my brothers and cousins. I think they're gonna kill him. "Joey, you mother fucker, go and apologise to her now, or I swear I'll shove my gun straight up your as-" Ashton yells, grabbing Joey by the collar. "Idiotas, suéltenlo, lo arreglaremos como adultos. Si necesitara tu ayuda, que no la necesito, te la habría pedido. Créeme, lo arreglaré, ahora vete a la mierda. (You twats, let go of him, we're going to work it out like adults. If I needed your help, which I don't, I would've asked for it. Believe me though, I will sort it out, now fuck off.)" I yell, slapping them all over the back of the head. Everyone hangs their head and walks away, moping. Fucking dickheads. "Kar-" The now sober voice says to me, I put my finger up to stop him and he immediately does.

We walk to my office in an awkward quietness. I sit at my desk and he sits opposite me. "Explain." 

_______________________________________________________________________________

A/N

Make sure you follow the instagram accounts for the characters.

karma_valentino
joey.de.luca
ace.valentino.8
adam.valentino.8
alex.valentino.8
ashton.valentino.8
alfie.valentino.8
arlo.valentino.8
aiden.valentino.8
austin.valentino.8
mateo.elijah.garcia.3
cameron.garcia.3

VOTE
COMMENT
SHARE
FOLLOW ME