Chapter 15

Ezra's POV

We pulled apart and stared into each other's eyes. She pulled her jacket off and put it on her bunk. "What are you doing?"

"That jacket is really hot."

"Yeah, but out at the spire it is really cold. Here I have something."

I dug through my stuff for a minute and found an orange sweatshirt. I handed it to her and she slipped it on.

Kaci's POV

The sleeves were way to long for me. "You know I prefer black."

"Yeah, well I only have orange."

I could smell the sweat-shirt, and it smelled strongly of Ezra. I grabbed my helmet off the hook and put it on. Ezra did the same.

Kanan's POV

I got everyone to come down to the cargo hold. Sabine was preparing detonators to use with the rhidonium, Zeb was helping her, and then there was the helmet twins. That's what I have decided to start calling Ezra and Kaci.

"Hey, helmet twins." What made my comment even funnier was they both looked at me.

"Yes."

"Head to the Phantom, and guess who I'm leaving in charge of flying it."

Ezra stepped forward, "Who?"

"You."

"What?"

"Here's the plan: Hera lands on the platform and you will detach. You and Kaci will go up to that small platform we went to last time. You will hover over it and let her out she will meet us in that hall with a canister of rhidonium. We will unload the rest of the rhidonium and put it all over the prison you and Hera will hold off the TIE's."

"What about the prisoners?"

"Ezra, we don't have time to save all of them. And if we did we wouldn't have any way to get them out of there."

I put my hand on his shoulder. "Oh, and you are the only fifteen year old I know that can fly a small ship like a pro." I ruffled his hair and walked away.

"I was winging it."

"The Phantom isn't much different from a TIE."

Ezra's POV

I went up to the Phantom and prepared it to detach and Kaci loaded a canister of rhidonium.

I spent the last twenty minutes of our trip spinning around in the pilot's chair, trying not to make eye contact with Kaci. She eventually came up and grabbed the back of the chair, "Stop that. Your making me dizzy."

I stopped and looked forward. When I looked out the window The Spire was coming into view. Hera's voice rang through the com, "Prepare to detach."

"Copy that."

Hera landed on the platform and I detached the Phantom. I went all the way up to the platform and waited for Kaci to get out. I had linked the com units in our helmets together. "Hey Kaci wait."

"Yeah."

"We need to test the coms in our helmets."

I waited then the com in my helmet rang with her voice, "Can you here me?"

"I sure can." She jumped out of the back and took the rhidonium with her. I started circling The Spire, and in a matter of seconds four TIE-fighters were on my tail.

Kaci's POV

I met the rest in the corridor and set the rhidonium on the corner. "Where's Zeb?"