Chapter 6

Ezra's POV

"EPHRAIM!"

He just looked at me, "Ephraim I wanted to leave you with Kanan. To late now."

Kanan's POV

I awoke to Chopper running into my door and mumbling. I opened the door and he projected a video. It was Ezra. 'Hey guys I am leaving. I won't be coming back. Don't look at my tower. I won't be there. Sorry.'

Chopper's POV

After I showed Kanan the video he threw his hands up in mock surrender, "I give up."

I knew he wouldn't be able to understand me so I just mumbled lightly and left to show the others.

Ezra's POV

I sat on the floor staring at Ephraim for a while not knowing what to do with him. "Alright come on lets go. We can't sit here all day."

We went out into the city. I passed a group of kids playing a game in an octagon. When I did pass they all stopped playing and looked at Ephraim. As if in sync they all came over yelling, "Can we pet the Loth Cat?"

"Sure."

The kids enjoyed playing with him. "What game are you all playing?"

"Force Ball."

"Why do you call it that?"

"Just because we all know that the force is fake."

"Okay. How do you play?"

"You can't let the ball touch your knee or below, if you hit it and it doesn't bounce or hit someone then goes out of the pit you're out, if you hit it and it hits someone in the face you're out, and if it does hit your feet you're out. Oh and hit the ball with your hands. Also you can't hit it two times consecutively without it hitting someone or the wall."

"Cool."

"Do you want to play?"

"I could play one round."

"Okay come on."

I turned to my little Loth Cat who was enjoying being pet by a little girl. "Can you take care of him while I play."

She squealed and nodded yes while hugging Ephraim. I walked into the short walled pit. One kid walked into the middle and spun the ball. The next kid hit the ball in my direction. Then I hit it towards another kid and got him out. It was hit in my direction again and I dodged it easily.

After a while it was just one of the older kids and me. I hit the ball in his direction and he jumped over it. He hit the ball in my direction and I jumped over it and flipped over his head. I landed on my feet and the ball was hit in my direction again. I deflected it and hit it towards him and hit his foot. I had won but I didn't brag or even smile.

I went to get Ephraim and my backpack when I was stopped in my tracks. "Hey you did really good. Have you played before?"

"No. But watching you guys I caught on pretty quick."

"Okay. Well good job."

"Thanks. You too."

After that I retrieved my backpack and my spoiled little Loth Cat. I moved through the market. When people started staring I pulled the hood on my cloak up. Then I found out why they were staring. There on a building, big and proud. A wanted sign with my face on it. It also said 'Jedi Padawan' in large letters. I took my lightsaber and placed the front of the hilt to the poster and ignited the blade. When I pulled it away the place where my face use to be was charred black.

I passed by. I turned into an ally when I felt something behind me. When I turned someone tackled me. "Zare!"

"Hey Dev."

"Ezra."

"What?"

"Ezra Bridger."

"Is that your real name?"

"Yeah. Sorry I didn't tell you sooner. I tried to."

"It's okay."

"Any luck finding your sister?"

"No."

"Where exactly did she disappear from? Oh, and what happened to your parents?"

"She disappeared from a cadet academy on Mandalor. My parents were taken by the Empire."

Then it hit me, "Did she like explosives and paint?"

"Uh, yeah, why?"

"Skin color?"

"Olive tan."

"Eyes?"

"Carmel."

"Hair?"

"She always kept it short and sometimes it would end up being colorful."

"No. Way."

"What?"

"Has your sister ever wanted to change her name?"

"Yes. She hated the name Dhara."

"I know your sister."

"Really?"

"Yeah, but I can't take you to her because I don't know where she is now. She was a part of the rebel crew that I am in. I ran away and I don't know where they are. Sorry"

"No. It's fine. Just the fact that I know she is alive will suffice."

When we got quiet I heard a rough voice from farther down the alley. Then I saw a large figure. Zeb. "Uh, I have to go."

I jumped up on to the roof tops. Then I remembered Ephraim. I used the force to pull him to me. When I turned to run I ran into the same figure in the alley.

Zeb grabbed me and I struggled to escape. He grabbed his com and signalled Kanan. Zeb held on to me waiting for Kanan. "Let go of me you giant, purple beast."

He scoffed and dropped me. I jumped over to the next building and turned to look at him. I grinned, "Rule number one of being captured: have an escape plan."

I ran away Ephraim close on my heels.