Chapter 14

Ezra's POV

I left and went to my cabin. Only moments later the door opened. Kaci walked in and sat next to me.

She looked at me, "What's wrong?"

"I'm just stressed and nervous."

"I know how to fix that."

She pulled off my shirt again and I pulled her shirt off and tossed it on the floor. She stood up and I followed.

Kaci's POV

When I stood up Ezra made the same move. He ran his hands down my back. When he made it to my waist he didn't stop. I quickly grabbed his hand. I could feel his lips pull into a smile underneath the kiss. I smiled and let his hand go. His hands slid down to my thighs and he picked me up off the ground. He carried me to the bed.

Hera's POV

The door opened and Kanan came and sat on my co-pilot's chair, "How close are we?"

"Three hours."

"Longest trip ever."

Kaci's POV

We were laying in the bed and Ezra was running his fingertips from my waist to my chest. Then he started making gentle circles on my lower abdomen.

He sat up and looked me in the eyes, "What is the best memory from your life?"

"Meeting you of course."

"No. On the streets?"

"Oh, well. There was this one night when I was shot and near death. I was walking down the streets, struggling to survive. Then I passed this one window and there was a lady singing to a baby that she held in her arms. And I sat under the window and fell asleep to her song. I can still remember the lyrics."

"What were they? Sing them."

"I don't know."

"Come on please."

"Fine.
Little one sit in the field
Singing this song
The birds all yield
The lyrics so long

Sleep under the stars
Loth wolf howls to the m-oo-oo-n
Now don't you cry

The Loth cat sighs
'I wish the ground I walk upon were as soft as the skies.'
That's all."

"You. Have. A. Beautiful. Voice."

"Thanks." I could feel my face turn red.

"Alright, let's get dressed."

As we slipped our clothes on I asked him the same question. "What's your favorite memory?"

"When I discovered that I love stormtrooper helmets."

I was slipping my boots on when Ezra grabbed the left one. "Ezra give it back!"

He held it in the air above my head, keeping it from me. Which was easy for him because he was much taller than me. "Ezra Bridger, give me that right now!"

"Oh," He laughed, "The full name."

Ezra's POV

I opened the door and ran out into the corridor, Kaci close behind. We jumped over Sabine in the common room, ran past Zeb in the kitchen, over Chopper in the corridor, and we tried to pass Kanan in the cargo hold. He grabbed my arm and yanked the boot out of my hand then gave it to Kaci, "We don't have time for you guys to be messing around."

"How close are we?"

"Hera says three hours."

"Then we technically have two and a half hours to mess around, and thirty minutes to suit up." I grinned.

Kanan sighed, "Why do I even try?"

Kaci's POV

Ezra stood in front of Kanan trying to come up with something clever to say, "Because you love me."

He batted his eyelashes. Kanan rolled his eyes and Ezra and I went to our room. We laid down on the bed and Ezra looked me in the eyes, "Do you know any other songs?"

"Yeah."

"Sing one."

I only thought for a moment and jumped right into one of my favorite songs.

"I remember tears streaming down your face
When I said, 'I'll never let you go.'
When all those shadows almost killed your light

I remember you said, 'Don't leave me here alone.'
But all that's dead and gone and passed tonight

Just close your eyes
The sun is going down
You'll be alright
No one can hurt you now

Come morning light
You and I'll be safe and sound

Don't you dare look out your window darling
Everything's on fire
The war outside out door keeps raging on

Hold on to this Lillian
Everything when the music's gone
Gone

Just close your eyes
The sun is going down
You'll be alright
No one can hurt you now

Oooh, Oooh, Oooh, Oooh
La La La La
La La La La
Oooh, Oooh, Oooh, Oooh
La La La La

Just close your eyes
You'll be alright

Come morning light
You and I'll be safe and sound...

Oooh, Oooh, Oooh, Oooh, Oh, Oh"

"Incredible, amazing. So many words could describe that. To many to say right now. I mean seriously, we would be here for days."

"Oh, Ezzy."

"If Zeb starts calling me that I will ring both your guys' necks."

He pulled me into a kiss and for a single moment all of the outer rim disappeared.