Chapter 7

Kanan's POV

When he said he had lost Ezra I took off. I finally found a cloaked figure with a Loth Cat on it's heels in an alley. I ran up behind him and grabbed his shoulders. He struggled to get away. "Ezra, listen." Still struggling to get away he made eye contact with me. "Ezra, there might be an empty hole in your heart that no one can fill, but you can't run away from it."

He continued to struggle. I softened my voice and my gaze, "Ezra, you can't run forever."

He looked away and pulled his arms out of my grip. He turned away from me and reached down to pick up Ephraim. He looked at me then at the rooftops where Zeb was.

When he looked back at the ground a single tear fell to the dirt. The next thing I knew there was a brown flash and he was on the roof tops running.

After a while Sabine came around the corner. "Kanan, I haven't told you this yet, but he is trying to starve himself. He said that he doesn't want to live any more."

I turned and started walking back to the Ghost.

Ezra's POV

I walked for what seemed forever. After a while Ephraim got tired and laid down. I went to pick him up when someone grabbed me. I was pulled through a doorway. Inside there was a large group of beat up men. The tallest one approached me, "What are you doing out here, kid?"

"Why does it matter?"

He didn't answer me, he held up a wanted sign with my face on it. Then I felt something buzzing in the back of my head. I turned around really fast and deflected a blast from a blaster rifle with my lightsaber. "So it's true?"

"What?"

"You're a Jedi?"

"In training."

He looked over my head to another man and nodded. The man lunged at me and I ducked just in time. He went flying over my head into the next man. They fell onto the floor. I made a run for it. On the way out I grabbed Ephraim by the tail and started running. He yelped when I grabbed his tail but he was okay once I got him into my arms.

I ran and jumped on to a building. I left them on the ground looking for me not knowing where I was.

Later that day I was walking through the market when I saw a little boy in front of a stand. The stand was filled with sweets. Behind the boy was a lady who had her hands full of other goods. The boy was reaching for one of the sweets on the table. "Come Leon we can't pay for those sweets. We don't have enough." The lady spoke with a soft voice.

The little boy, Leon, started pleading for the sweets. "But ma I want some so bad."

I pulled my hood up and pulled a couple credits from my backpack. I walked over dropped the credits on the table and picked up the piece of candy Leon wanted. I bent down handed him the sweet and walked away.