chapter 10

** skip ahead a year **

we was all hugging my brother before he left. he was going to California because he got a scholarship there.

"I'm gonna miss you Dylan" dad said hugging my brother.

"I know dad, but I'll be back before you know it." Dylan said.

he already told my mom goodbye and she was currently in a state of tears.

I was the last person.

"I'll miss you Bub" I told him, trying not to cry.

"I know babygirl. cam is going to take good care of you."

"Bub you can't leave me" i told him breaking down.

"I have to baby. I love you more than anything in this world" he told me walking away.

"I love you too " I whispered as he walked away.

I watched his car pull out.

** 2 weeks later **

"girl you just need to go out and have some fun" Chelsea told me.

"okay, let's go" I told her annoyed because she has been begging for 3 hours.

I got dressed into a a my dark was skinny jeans, black ruffle shirt and red heels. I curled my hair and was ready to go.

we decided to take lukes vehicle because he wouldn't drink.

"I really didn't wanna come out tonight guys.." I said not looking at either of them.

"look, you need it. and plus cam will be home tomorrow" she said

Cameron and his family had been in Alabama visiting family.

we got there and I really just didn't wanna drink. I'd only been drunk once and that was with Dylan. I missed him. he was my backbone. I texted him everyday. and he called me at night. it still wasn't okay though.

"hey guys, I'm gonna go to the bathroom" I told luke and Chelsea over the music.

"do you want me to come with?" Chelsea asked.

I shook my head no.

I walked in front of the mirror and realized I looked a mess. for the last two weeks that's all it's been.

I walked out and felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned around and saw jake..

"hey baby. long time no see!" he said pulling me towards him.

"jake let me go!" I told him.

"no can do babe. this is long overdue" he said pushing me in a room.

he started kissing my neck and holding me closer.

"jake let go." I screamed.

about that time I heard the door and then saw someone punching jake.

I couldn't make out who it was because all I saw was blackness.

----------------------

beep. beep. beep. beep.

that's all I heard when I woke up. I saw white walls.

i tried to touch my head because it hurt. but someone's hand was wrapped securely around mine.

"hey baby"

"cam, what are you doing here?" I asked. "aren't you supposed to be in Alabama?"

"I came back early a day to see you. and I'm glad I did. it's hard to tell what he would've done if I hadn't walked in when I did." he said looking me in the eyes.

"that was you?" I asked with tears in my eyes. he nodded.

he climbed into the bed with me, and I laid my head in his chest till I drifted back to sleep.

when I woke back up, there was a doctor in the room.

"hi Alexa. would you like me to send 2 people at a time to see you?" the doctor asked me.

I nodded. first was my mom and dad.

"Lexi baby!" dad said hugging me.

"I was so worried baby girl." mom told me.

"I'm good. you better thank Cameron though." I told her honestly.

"I know baby. he loves you Lexi. he really does. he hasn't left the hospital since they brought you in."

"and I'm so happy for you. I never thought I'd have to give my baby up so quick but Cameron takes good care of my little girl."

i smiled.

" alright babe, we will see you in a little bit."

I nodded. next was Justin and Jordan. just telling me that they wasn't letting me out of their sight, mainly Justin.

then cam came back in with Luke. Luke felt really guilty for dragging me to the party but I told him don't blame himself

everyone else came and went. then I heard a knock.

"hey sis"

Dylan.

"Dylan" I said crying.

"hey baby."

"what are you doing here? what about school?"

"i came as soon as I got the call" he told me and hugged me.

"I should've been there."

"it's not your fault Bub." I told him.

"get some sleep. I'm not going back right now " and that was enough for me to let sleep take over.

when I woke up the doctors told me I could go home. and I was more than happy.

mom brought me some soffee shorts and a sweatshirt and told me that cam was driving me home.

I held his hand the whole way home.

"we start college next week baby" he told me.

"I know but I'm ready." I told him.

we had decided to go to the same college and it was one 20 minutes from our houses so we was just driving instead of getting a dorm.

as I walked into my room, cam laid down on my bed. I followed right behind him and fell asleep listening to his heart beat.