chapter 6

"where do I start?"

"um the beginning" I told him.

he smiled. "the first day, I saw you. you were beautiful. and I thought you already had someone .when I heard you talking to Luke. but when I asked your brother it he said to stay away from you. so I did. and he like watched us. that's why I was distant. I was always afraid to get caught with you. then finally it was enough, so I started giving hints. then when I volunteered to stay with you I thought he was gonna kill me. " he paused and looked out at me. " then when he walked in earlier and said he told you why I stayed away I was so happy. I like you lex. but then I started thinking and knew we couldn't be together anyways, one because it's obvious you love Luke. and two because I like 3 hours away."

"woah. it made me think something was wrong with me all the times you ignored me. and I will admit my brother is protective. but anyways, I don't like Luke like that. he knows stuff nobody knows. he's been my Bestfriend since we was to little to walk. and he has a girlfriend."

"he has a girlfriend?"

"yeah, my Bestfriend."

"woah! I'm sorry lex. I really liked you." he told me looking me in the eyes.

"thanks Cameron. i just wanna get I know you. and see where we go."

"okay. friends?" he asked.

"Bestfriends" I said shaking his hand.

"good, let's get back Bestfriend." he said taking my arm.

we walked in the rv laughing.

"did you two makeup?" mom asked.

"yes." we said in unison.

"good, because we got you all Dollywood tickets for tomorrow" dad said.

we was so happy. we all went to bed early that night. I woke up with a nightmare again.

Cameron walked in. "are you okay lex?" he asked.

"just another nightmare."

"wanna talk?"

"yeah, that'd be nice. let's go outside" I told him as i put a blanket around me.

"so, about the nightmares?" he asked as we sat on a log.

"it all started 2 years ago. me and my brother, and Luke was on our way home from dropping my brothers girlfriend off. I was in the backseat, and I told Seth to look and he looked and then swerved to miss a deer and went into a tree. I held him in my arms as he took his last breath. he told me he loved me. and that I was the best thing that's ever happened to him. I was lost without my big brother. I told myself for years, that it was my fault. and that brought me and Luke a whole lot closer and me and Dylan a whole lot closer. so I always have nightmares of that night." I said with tears in my eyes.

Cameron took me to his side.

"I'm sorry lex. I wish it wouldn't have happened to you. but don't worry lex, you can text me anytime you need to after we leave this road trip."

"thanks cam. it means a lot."

**ONE WEEK LATER**

after we left Tennessee, we spent the last week in Florida. we went to different beaches, and even to Disneyland. we was now pulling in our driveway ready to say our goodbyes.

me and Cameron has got close. we did everything together. it was definitely going to be hard to leave him.

"babygirl, im going to miss you! make sure your brother takes good care of you!" Justin said hugging me.

"thanks jus. love you!"

"love you too lil sis."

next was Jordan.

"I'm gonna miss you bud!" I told him.

"I know, I ain't gonna have a sister to take up for me anymore" he said looking sad.

"don't worry, you have my number. just text me when they are being mean to you, and I'll have a talk with them!"

"thanks sis! I love you!"

"love you too!" I told him.

both Todd and Amy both hugged me.

"we are gonna miss you. you don't know how much you've did. Cameron has not smiled that much, and opened up since his mom and I got a divorce." his dad told me. woah. he didn't tell me that.

"I love you both!"

while everyone else was giving hugs, cam walked over to me.

"hey." I said.

"hey" he said hugging me.

"I'm gonna miss you cam."

"I'm gonna miss you too but just remember, next year isn't that far!" he said to me.

"GUYS. let's go!" Amy called.

"thanks cam. for everything. I love you so much."

he gave me one last hug, " I love you princess"

and with that they were gone. and I was crying.

"hey sis, don't worry. he'll be back soon." Dylan told me.

"I'm not crying cause of him." I lied.

"please. you can't lie to me." he said and walked in.

I went to my room and put a sweatshirt on and some shorts and went to bed.

I was awoken 25 minutes later by a knock on the door.

"hey babygirl, I missed you!" Luke said.

I jumped up. "LUKE. I missed you so much" I said hugging him.

we sat on my bed with my head on his chest watching movies the rest of the evening.

"so are you gonna tell me what happened with Cameron?"

I sat up. "Luke he opened up. supposedly Dylan told him to stay away from me so he did. we did everything together last week. and then today when I had to say goodbye, I cried Luke. I miss him so much. " I told him with tears in my eyes.

"you love him. and I mean in love" he said to me.

I know I didn't love him.

but did I like Cameron Anderson?