Chapter Forty Three: Forever

More plane rides than our carbon footprint should allow. A million goodbyes that ached to say. Too many slow releases of fingers as one of us departed the other. One too many tears, a billion longing kisses, touches and embraces. Eighteen years of wanting the other, with a fierceness and a longing that was unmatched. Alberta was my forever, and forever... was now.

***
August 15th

It's a warm day, with a breeze that feels as if you got a whoosh of air from your fan oven as you opened its door. Hot. It's the day that eighteen years have led to, that a hundred sleepless nights have longed to be closer, to be now, to be real. I am cleaning up papers from my desk, fanning my sweaty body, pulling off my shirt to be left in my sports bra and yoga pants. My hair is pulled up and out of the way in a pony tail, and it's a small flicker that I see, red, a sight, a sight.

Allie is walking up my driveway. I hadn't expected her for a few days. My breath is taken away. She is wearing a cute, ditsy ruffle blue summer dress, her beautiful long auburn hair caught in the breeze as she spots me in the window and we both pause. The smile that creeps onto our lips, it was the knowing, that this was it. She had returned, and a familiar flight of butterflies took off in my belly. My heart began the familiar thump of Alberta Anderson being but a touch away. Her smile met her eyes, and she opened her arms. I ran through the house, clambering over furniture to throw open the door.

"I'm Home" she announced softly.

I took a deep breath, allowing myself to feel it, the weightlessness of that joy, the euphoric ending to a journey long battled, walked, run, screamed at, kicked, bled with, tortured by, it was over. I take the longed for steps into her arms, they close around me and I place my hands on her shoulder blades, holding her, inhaling her, before she loosens her grip and cups my chin in her fingers.

"Willa Jameson, will you marry me" she asks, and my mouth drops open a little as she drops to the floor on one knee and reaches up with a ring, a beautiful ring "forever... because nothing else will do"

I reach down and pull her back up by her hand, placing a sweet kiss upon her lips, a kiss saved for the forever kind of love, warm rushes of it filling ever inch of me, before I release her slowly "Forever with you... an eternity... yes... a million times yes...Alberta Anderson... because no, nothing else would ever do"

And an ache long feared part of the fabric of me, it subsided, it stilled, it was eradicated, and it never did return, not once.

***
One year later, a late summers night, a sunset peeking through the red and orange hues of the trees in our valley below us. Alberta and I stood under a cute flower covered Arbor, in our garden, both in white dresses that were sweet and beautiful, our hands holding one another. I looked into ice like eyes of blue, the fierce red of her hair perfectly styled and stroking her cheek, her contrasting features, perfection, and I would say "yes" and smile at the striking beauty before me, my queen.

She would smile back, eyes wondering over my features, sighing lovingly at the one person she was always meant to walk down an aisle to, fated long before we ever reached this world.

Alberta and Willa... nothing and no one else would ever do.

Our friends and family, all that accepted us and loved us were there cheering, as our lips met and our marriage was begun. Harper was Allie's maid of honour, and Teddy and Calliope were my best men/ bridesmaids. You can imagine what a party that was. Nomikos young and old, Mary and Erica, the Anderson's, my mom, Brigham and Eliza, and all of our friends we had met along the way, all brought together to take a moment to celebrate a love long fought for.

Forever was now...

Do you see
it's you Willa
It's true,
for I want eternity
a pure and sweet
Forever
With you
It may seem by ring I'm bound
but a ring of precious metal
is not a promise to the ground
Eternity, is what I crave
And I will have it, with you,
From the grave
We will not rest,
There will be no slumber
for beyond this life
It's me and you
Life will return
spring to life
An ecstasy
A chorus of angels sing
And Rejoice, praise be,
The rebirth of Willa and Allie

***
Listen to your heart
A truer compass unfound
direction bound
destination felt
True north awaits
you need not know your fate
for the compass flickers
with every beat
a silent voice
tell it nothing
It already knows
your hearts desire awakes.
swinging away from pain
the needle trained
it will not be in vain
follow through rain
crunch through snow
a darkness
to someone you know
take their hand
follow the light
a path familiar
Fate
Fate
Fate
just wait
***

*More Allie and Willa as the series progresses into the next novel.

See you there 🥹🥹🥹 and thank you all for the love and following this journey with me, even though sometimes it hurt a little.

We made it gang, we made it 🙃🥲😊

*Don't forget to let me know what you thought 🧡🧡