Chapter Thirty Seven: Moving forward

The spring of the New Year brought about my leaving of Oregon for New Hampshire, and it wasn't without tears as I left just about everyone I knew behind and got onto the road. Maria didn't talk to me for a month after she found out, because she was so mad I would leave them all. Teddy gave me a little silent treatment but came around pretty quickly when I promised her I would have her in the summer, whenever she wanted. I would do, often, as she stayed and we played ball or took off on road trips, sight seeing around the east coast. Sometimes she visited with Calliope, sometimes Mary and Erica, and even Maria had flown out to investigate my new home. I never felt too lonely because there was always video call, and I most always had a visitor booked in before I could get too lonesome. Most importantly, I had Alberta's words, words that came in letters, in poetry, in emails and of course a phone call. We did try and keep calls as something luxurious that we would do only if we were both completely free of distraction, sometimes not even once a month, because they led to incredibly loved up conversations, with a tonne of longing that always ended up leaving us both sighing with the way we wanted to be with each other. Not to mention the sexual tension that you could cut with a knife, far too much for a person that wasn't getting any physical intimacy beyond her battery operated friend.

***
Allie,

I made it to New Hampshire and it's so beautiful. I just know you would love the trees. I will call you next week if there is a time you are free, because I long to hear your voice. I miss the sound of you. I want to hear your laugh and your beautiful sigh. I just want, you, and that is far too obvious a statement to make, because of course I want you. I want you in far too many ways to express, but the most innocent of all things I want is just to have you in my sights, to have time to look at you and know you look at me in the same way.

I love you, far too much and from far too far away x

Holding your fingers tightly all the way from my new home, imagining you here beside me.

Always,

Willa xx

***
Willa,

I thought of you all week last week knowing you were moving across the country. I realise that is a completely stupid thing to say, that I thought of you, as if I don't usually. Now I'm laughing, but anyway, I thought of you, more so if that is even possible. I am relieved you are there safely.

Ring me on Friday, I have the evening free, and I can't wait to hear your voice too. If I could just ring you every evening and speak to you before I went to sleep, I would be so happy, so very happy indeed.

I am about to take Harper on a hike, we have our bags packed and are ready to go. I miss you Willa, so much it hurts, and my goodness I day dream far too much about kissing you, far, far, far too much.

Sending you a flirty one. Wink wink nudge nudge ;)

Entirely devoted,

Allie

***

Allie, (said with an eyebrow raise)

You send flirty ones now? What kisses? I really wouldn't poke that sleeping beast if I were you. Allie this only ends in one way... and it won't involve flirting with the idea of you ... but having you ;)

Now stop with the winking faces and suggestive texts and send me a nude... JOKING!!! Dear god do not do that. I swear to god if I see any attachments on the next email I am deleting the entire thread. Don't kill me off.

Sending you a non sexual and non flirty hug, hands extended and holding you a little further away from my body whilst my pulse quietens down.

Love you,

Eternally,

Willa xx