3

Daryn's POV.

I woke up on Kiaris couch by myself. The living room had smells of food wafting in from the kitchen. I grabbed my phone and typed in my notes app: good morning ki, feeling big? do you have extra tooth brushes and stuff? thank you<3
Kiari laughed and motioned me to follow them. We went to their bedroom that had a bathroom connected to it. They reached under the sink to get me the extra supplies I asked for. I thanked them and they left me to brush my teeth and wash my face. When I was finished, I made my way back downstairs to see them eating in front of the TV.

"How are you feeling?" I asked. Kiaris beautiful brown eyes looked up at me.
"I'm okay, I'm sure we should talk about last night..?"
"If you would like to then yes, let's do it sweets."
"Well cats out the bag, I'm sure you didn't realize but I regress sometimes." Kiari said.
"Noooo, really?? I'm just playing with you. But I appreciate you putting your guard down with me. I hope I made you feel safe and comfortable Ki." I replied.

"You really did. Thank you for that... It seems kinda fast but would you like to be my caregiver? I mean you seem to know your stuff and you're super gentle with me." They said. I reached over and gave them a big hug. I let go and Ki was red, how cute.
"I'd love to. I'll be here always, you think you could make a more in-depth guide to you if you don't already have one? It could help this go smoother." I said.

"Yea I got you. You wanna try for another date? This time with big me?" They said while laughing. I nodded back. I felt good inside, I was getting places with the person I really really like and they trust me enough to be their caregiver. I smiled at the thought of us getting a puppy together.

"Daryn?" kiari said interrupting my day dreams.
"Yea?"
"Can I kiss you?" They asked. I blushed and nodded my head. Kiari placed their right hand on my cheek and pulled me in for a kiss. As soon as our lips touched my heart exploded, every single part of my body knew that this was right. Every single part of me knew that we were meant to be, that was cemented in me with that kiss and I could only hope Kiari felt the burst of emotions too. I gently pulled away and stared at them. I quickly placed a quick kiss on their lips just to see them blush. I let out a small laugh.

"You are the cutest ever Ki."
"I know right." Kiari said. I instantly made up my face and they started laughing.
"I'm just joking DD. Thank you love." I rolled my eyes in response, but smiled anyways.
"What're we doing today?" I asked.
"Anything you want, honestly we could just chill. It's hot as fuck so I don't like going out during the day." Kiari said. I nodded and pointed to their plate which they handed to me. I got up and started washing the dishes.

"HEY YOU DONT GOTTA DO THAT IM COMING!!" Ki yelled to me. I shrugged and laughed.
" 'Course I gotta do it, anything for you Kiari."
"Aw geez stop it. I'll help you okay? You are the guest after all." They said.

After them dishes was cleaned

We laid down in Kiaris room, their big kid room. They sat at the top of their bed and I laid on their lap. Kiaris hands danced in my hair. The silence was comfortable, no where near awkward. I listened to their breathing and enjoyed my time.
"I love your hair." Kiari blurted out. A smile crept on my face.
"Thank you my love." I replied. I rolled over so my chin was on their tummy. They looked down at me.

"Tell me, why did you approach me that day?" Kiari asked me.
"Honestly I was scared. I never usually approach the people I like. I just didn't want to wait with you though. I didn't wanna wait and then someone else who doesn't deserve you, gets you. I wanted you bad so I got some courage and did it. Deff worth the anxiety" I replied. they looked at me and smiled.

"Glad to know I'm worth it." Kiari smirked. I hit their head and when I tried to bring my hand down they quickly grabbed it.
"Don't give me a reason Daryn." My face quickly got warm but my boldness over took me.
"Or what?" I laughed. Kiari quickly flipped us over, they straddled my lap and looked down at me. Their once serene brown eyes were now fierce. My breath was stuck in my throat as they leaned down towards my lips.

"Or i'll make it real difficult for you, my love." Ki said before getting up off me.
"Go home and get ready. Come back here at 5:30 so we can have our date." They said. I nodded and started to get off their bed.
"Oh use your words daryn."

"Yes um, okay yes, yea I'm gonna go get ready then come back at 5:30." The words were stumbling and tumbling out my mouth. Kiari laughed and kissed me before bringing me to the door. I told them bye and they watched me get in my car from the window. I drove back to campus lowkey lost as to what just happened.

•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•

questions, comments, or concerns?

- im a graduate fr🧑🏾‍🎓 & congrats to anyone else that graduated this week💙