01.

OPHELIA

"Okay, I can do this." I pep talked myself, looking in the mirror. Getting Fred alone was going to be a harder task then I had the courage to admit to. Not only was he constantly in the presence of siblings or friends, but my entire house couldn't seem to let me have a moment of peace either.

Not that I ever had the courage to ask for it.

With a deep breath, I opened my door and walked out. "Hey Ophelia!" Kalle Winters greeted the second my door had clicked close. I bit my lip and smiled at her softly.

We walked to the common room together, talking casually about our day yesterday. I didn't know Kalle super well, but that never stopped anyone from approaching me.

We started heading to the great hall, a few other Hufflepuff's joining us. After a few minutes I finally caught sight of the man I was on the hunt for. Fred Weasley, in all his pride and glory, was laughing at something his twin had said.

The mere sight of him had me cheesing hard. Fred Weasley shined as bright as the sun in that moment. To me, he was everything and more.

"Hey Kalle, I'm gonna go use the loo." I stuttered out, my eyes still on the freckled boy. He caught my gaze and winked at me, making my cheeks flush.

"Oh, let me accompany you!" Kalle excliamed, getting ready to steer us in the direction.

"Oh no, I'm okay. My tummy is a bit upset, I would prefer to just be alone for a few moments." I quickly assured her, hoping she'd back down and let me go free.

"That's not a good idea," Miles Buckthorn added into the conversation. He was one of the Hufflepuff's that joined us. He was also Cedric's best friend. "You should definitely take Kalle with you if you aren't feeling well."

I sighed lightly, letting Kalle steer us to the bathroom. I quickly fake my business, and wash my hands. Adding the occasional commentary as Kalle drags the conversation on and on.

We headed to the Great Hall afterwards, and I was immediately shuffled in between Cedric and Miles. I decided to tune out of the conversation, and play woth my fork instead of eating.

I glace across from me, as I was facing the Gryffindor table, and my eyes found their way to Fred once again. Only this time, he was looking at me as well. He offered me a sweet smile, to which I smiled back shyly.

"Ophelia, you need to eat something. Breakfast is almost over." Cedric whispered to me quietly, keeping the conversation between us. I broke the staring contest with Fred, to look down with a soft sigh.

"I will, thank you Cedric." I whispered back softly, taking a bite of a muffin I had laying in front of me. He nodded before returning back to his conversation.

I hated being the "Hufflepuff Princess" that many referred to me as. I wasn't happy underneath the surface. I don't know how to say no; not when I've been trying my whole life to please everyone but myself.

I glanced up to seeing Fred excusing himself from his table, his twin not leaving with him. My eyes widened and I rushed to stand up.

"O?" Cedric questioned, an eyebrow raised from my sudden movement. The Hufflepuff's near us all stared as well, and the sudden attention made me turn red.