A Nighmare Come True

Natalia's POV

Now we were all seated in the throne room. I had told Lynn and Reilly the royal secret. We all were worried now. Reilly seemed to be taking all the information in. "Let me get this straight. When Jax was killed, he died in front of the mirror, and what was left of his soul was able to cling to life in the world of reflections." She stated in fear. 

"Do reflections exist on their own?" Lynn asked.

"It's more like the mirror gave his reflection new life. Now he's in that world. The world of mirrors. Jax is hiding and most likely plotting his return. I just hope we're not too late." I stood up from my throne and signaled for my sister's to follow me. "Too late?" Reilly asked. "Too late to stop him from getting out of the mirror and regaining his human form." Charles turned to Reilly. "His only purpose now is revenge. If he succeeds, it will be chaos."

My God. Charles was right. "If Jax manages to return, I doubt I'll be able to kill him a second time. So I'm afraid you two are the only ones that can stop him." Reilly and Lynn stopped walking and stared at me. "Us, why us?" Lynn asked. I sighed. "I'll show you." We then started walking again until we reached the astrology room. The guards opened the gate and we were let in.

I turned to my sisters and opened the ceiling dome. The setting sun illuminating the room. "In two days, Mercury and Jupiter will come together in a double conjunction." Reilly gawked. "That hasn't happened in eons." I smirked at her. "And both of you will be at your most powerful. The planets will give you the natural gifts of fire and air. When that happens, you will use your abilities to destroy the mirror." 

"And what'll happen when we do that?" Lynn asked. "Once the mirror is broken, everything in the world of reflections will be destroyed." I said as we left the astrology room. As we were walking back to the throne room, Reilly stopped me.

"But if we do that, it'll kill Allie's reflection. We can't do it." I turned back and glared at her. "Excuse me?" Lynn reached in her pocket and pulled out a ring I hadn't seen in a year. "Lynn found this today next to Amber's mirror. Her engagement ring. I think she's trying to communicate with us. Allie's alive. I think her soul is trapped in the mirror."

I smiled weakly and embraced them tightly. "I had to repeat this to myself for a long time, but Allie is gone. She's not coming back. I searched every night for her. And she's not there." Reilly shook her head at me. "But my dreams, I heard Allie. I saw Allie."

I stared back at her. "It's all in your head Reilly. As a Gemini you may be smart but you can be impulsive when you have blind faith in something you believe in. I fear that impulsivity will cause you to act irrationally. That's why I had this room guarded before I told you the royal secret. Now that Jax is in the mirror,  it's much easier for him to trick you." 

Lynn decided to speak up. "But the ring." I took the ring and looked at it fondly. "Only Jax could have Allie's ring. He took it from her when he killed her." Reilly scoffed. "But it's not Jax. It can't be. It's Allie. Your wife. Our sister-in-law. She needs us now."

I gave her a stern look. "No. Zodious needs you now. You two need to trust me and believe me on this. I'm counting on you and your sister. The future of Zodious depends on you." My sister's both nodded, even though Reilly seemed a bit distraught. I sent them away to go study the abilities they will receive during the conjunction. And I believe they will succeed with what I am telling them to do.

Reilly's POV

When nightfall came, Lynn was sleeping peacefully in her bed while I was still awake with a million questions in my head. I decided to talk with Charles alone on the balcony. "I don't know if we should do this. To be honest, I don't agree with this at all." Charles was standing next to the balcony listening to my plight

"My lady, the Queen would not ask this of you unless it was essential." I scoffed at him. "Charles, what if they're both still alive? Allie died in front of a mirror as well. What if Allie's soul connected with her reflection?" Charles sighed. "My lady, If her Majesty's wife was still alive, she would have given us a sign sooner." I placed my hands on my temples.

"Charles, I know it's been a long time but do you think Allie could give us a sign with Jax lurking around? He would have found and killed her again. I know she's still out there. And I'm not going to destroy our hope of seeing her again by breaking Amber's mirror." Charles looked at me with concern.

"I know your mind is still troubled from the wedding." I looked at him dead in the face. "That's not true Charles." He then frowned and got closer to me. "Don't lie to me, my Lady. I deserve better than that." As sexy as he was being, I still kept my straight face on. "I can lie to you all I want. I am the princess of Zodious. And you're nothing but my bodyguard." I saw in his eyes that he was a little bit hurt by my words but his face didn't show it.

"You're correct my Lady, good night." Charles then walked away from me and stood at the front of the bedroom door. I felt bad for my attitude towards him but I was so conflicted with everything going on. It ate away at me until I fell asleep. Allie had to be alive. She had to be.