Leo

My name is Natalia. I was born on August 8th, in the year 3002. I am a Leo. As the lioness of the zodiac, I am confident, fearless, passionate, and I can be the light in anyone's life. I may be ruled the Sun but Amber said I have all of the planets within me. I never would've become the Crown Princess of Zodious if not for Amber. She adopted me on a cold December night when I was only a year old. I have always shown my appreciation for her kindness and love for me. She told my sisters and I never to call her mother, as that would make her feel old. In my opinion she wanted to have a more friendly relationship with us. But when we need Amber the most, she only responds to mother. 

When I got to the castle, Amber already had another baby girl. Kiara. Amber told me Kiara didn't like me at first, but I grew on her over the years. If it wasn't for Kiara, I wouldn't have gotten over my fear of heights and getting dirty.

A few days after my adoption, Amber brought another baby girl into the castle and named her Lynn. And the two of us immediately clicked. Collecting shells along the beach and making up dances at balls. 

It wasn't until the birth of Reilly that the three of us had become inseparable. Reilly always wanted me to carry her. Lynn would tell her all about the ocean and even made her a little seashell rattle.

Now that Reilly was here, I noticed that Kiara would distance herself from us. We thought nothing of it until one day. Reilly was ten months old, she escaped from her crib and found us in the art room. When I went to pick her up, Kiara pushed me out of the way. 

"You're not allowed to pick up Reilly because she's not your sister and neither am I! You and Lynn are not related to us. Amber adopted you two. I found that out last night! And since you're older than me, you're gonna be Queen next!"

Kiara let go of a now crying Reilly and stomped her four year old foot in anger. "It's not fair! If you weren't adopted, I would be the Crown Princess. You're not even her real daughter! You're just a dirty orphan!" 

I wanted to say something back but my mouth went dry. How could Kiara be so cruel? Tears started to form in my eyes. But as they fell, Lynn grabbed a handful of Kiara's brown hair and dragged her back. I's never seen Lynn so angry, but I wasn't going to stop her. 

"Let me go!" Kiara tried to fight off Lynn. Although a month younger, Lynn was five inches taller, and had the grip of a Rottweiler. Lynn took a pair of scissors and opened then, aiming at Kiara's hair threateningly. Kiara got quiet just like that. "Apologize to Natalia or I'll cut it off!" She yelled. Before anything escalated, Amber burst in. "What in the name of Zodious is going on here!?"

After that day. I started to see Kiara differently. Lynn told me she will never forgive Kiara and Reilly was confused and upset. Was that the real Kiara? Was she that envious?  Even though we were not blood related, I believe Kiara was still my sister. But no matter how many times I tell her, it always goes unheard. 

I always thought of myself as a noble mature Princess but Amber told me to bask in my childhood and play with my sisters. So I did. And if I could, I'd go back and tell myself to have even more fun because it would end very soon.

Kiara, Lynn and I were only eight years old when Aaron left. It was quite a shock to us. Aaron had been so kind, devoting and loving. I guess he was a talented actor. Kiara told me that Aaron was in mother's bed with another woman. I was disgusted and was happy to see him exiled from the planet. Lynn and I made a vow to never forgive him. 

When I was nine, I had come to realize Amber had a dependence for alcohol. So, I became my sisters surrogate mother. Remembering everything Amber used to do. It wasn't easy at first but Lynn and Kiara soon came around, and the three of us raised Reilly during the day and took care of Amber at night.

On my fifteenth birthday, the Sun had given me the power of fire. If it wasn't for the many hours of training with a half sober Amber, I would've burned the whole castle down. Once I mastered my power, Amber gave me my own room at the top of the palace so I could the first to be with the rising sun. 

During the winter, I gave heated coal to the villagers and personally kept the sick warm in the castle's infirmary. That's how I met Allie.  She found me and begged me for help after a severe snow storm began to fade away. The tips of her fingers were turning purple and she only had a thin cotton shawl covering her shivering body. So, I took her to the infirmary, and held her all night. Her hands were back to normal but her cheeks were still red. And so were mine. You could say that was our first date. 

On the eve of my eighteenth birthday, I invited Allie to the ball and we shared our first dance. I swear to the Galaxy, there was a spark between us that night. Leo and Aquarius are sister signs. Meant to be opposites but still find a way to be compatible. 

We may be different, but we both fell for each other. She calls me her lioness. I call her my light. Whenever I think about her, my power grows stronger. And with me, she's gained confidence and bravery. So much so that she proposed to me to me three nights ago, I knew Allie would be my first and only love. 

Astrology says I am the queen of the zodiac. The irony is once I marry my Allie, Amber will step down and Allie and I will be the Queens of Zodious. While Lynn and Reilly were in celebratory moods, Kiara couldn't have been angrier. Saying that since she was Amber's biological daughter, she should inherit the throne. It the same tantrum she threw at four but now she was angrier and more powerful. If it wasn't for Lynn holding her back, Kiara could've severely hurt me.

Amber disagreed as she did in the past. It wasn't a matter of blood. It was a matter of choosing someone who could lead, serve and protect Zodious. I suppose Amber saw all of that in me and Allie.

But handling of the upcoming coronation and wedding has been stressful on me. And with Kiara's melancholic and spiteful personality, it hasn't made things easier. But tonight is the engagement party. I cannot wait to dance with Allie before the whole Kingdom. Once I slipped on my pastel purple gloves, I walked out of the door to fetch my beloved Allie.