One Year Later...

Tonight was the first Memorial for them both. Today started off seemingly normal. Lynn was watching the ocean from the balcony when Stella came in. Lynn stood in front of her and the old fashion designer began to make measurements for Lynn's newest riding dress. 

Stella could already see the fatigue in Lynn's eyes. "Did you sleep well last night?" Lynn sighed and shook her head. "That'll be a no. My little sister spent the whole night fantasizing about Charles. I bet she makes him put earplugs in when he's guarding the door with how loudly she fawns over him. Oh and I forgot, the light was on too." 

Stella chuckled at Lynn's annoyance. "Well, Charles is very important to Reilly.  If you don't mind me saying, I believe this is her first time being in love with an actual good man."

Reilly walked in with a scowl on her face. "Heard that Stella." The girls laughed together as Reilly situated herself on the edge of her bed. "Another thing that kept me up was finding out that Kiara's coming back in three days."

Reilly took out a notebook and began sketching. "I'm nervous about that too. But I hope she's changed." Lynn sighed. "You have too much faith in her Reilly. The last thing she said was that she hated us. Didn't want to come to the funeral. Not even one letter in the past year." 

Stella turned to look at Reilly. "Maybe your sister turned over  new leaf. What's that you're working on Reilly?" she asked. Reilly stood up and showed them both the the drawing. "It's something I started this morning after I came out of the portal." Reilly 

Stella looked surprised. "This is Lady Allie's dress I made for the reception." Lynn and Reilly's eyes widened. Reilly however seemed particularly shocked. "I never knew that." She said. "Stella, these past few weeks when I went into the portal, I saw flashes of a girl wearing this dress and you're telling me it was meant for Allie?"

Before Stella answered the question, a handmaid entered their room. "The Queen has requested the presence of the Crown Princess Mary Lynn, the Princess Reilly Réne and Lady Stella O'hara."

Reilly silently panicked in her head. She did not want to hear what I had to say. She knew it would be the same depressing speech all over again. "Now? Oh no. No, no, no. Not now. Lynn, you'll have to go without me." She quickly grabbed her things and latched onto her six-foot bodyguard. "Charles and I will be spending our day in the village. Besides, we need new flowers for the memorial tonight. Let's go Charles." She gave a painful smile as she practically dragged Charles down the hall.

After that weird goodbye, Lynn, Stella and the handmaid walked to the gardens where I was waiting for her. When I saw Lynn coming up in the distance I rushed to her and tightly embraced her. "Finally. I was getting worried." I pulled away from her and placed my hands on her shoulders. "Thank the Galaxy you're safe." Lynn looked at me in an almost annoyed way. "Why wouldn't I be safe? Because of you, Reilly and I share a room that's more secure than the royal vault."

"I know. But of course there's always work to be done." I wrapped my arm around her and we started walking. "Which is why I was hoping that you and Reilly would help your poor big sister finish securing the kingdom. Which begs the question, where is our little sister?"

Lynn answered me. "She's out with Charles in the village. She said she was getting flowers but I bet they're making out." I sighed heavily knowing that Lynn was just teasing poor Reilly. "Then we'll have to make do without her." We got to the throne room where Donna was waiting for us. "Donna, could you please show my little sister to her room and see that she's properly ready for tonight's memorial?" I turned to face Lynn "Then you can meet me in the conservatory."

Once Lynn started to walk away with Donna, Stella, gave me a confused look. "Work to do? Secure the kingdom? What are you talking about Natalia?" I gave her a serious look. "I don't want to alarm my sisters until I'm certain, but there is something moving through the mirror. Something evil."