Chapter 11

After L came back, he immideiatly dragged himself to his room and fell into a deep sleep. He didn't wake up for three days. When he finally woke up, Sage was ontop of him, sleeping. He blushed profusly and tried to put his mind off of the situation, when she blinked her eyes and quietly moaned. Her eyes fluttered and came into focus with the red-faced, pale figure in front of her. She smiled at him and softly whispered, "Good morning." His face darkened even more. She leaned over and put her arms around him. "How was Japan."

He turned his face away and muttered, "I found an agency that will accept me as an intern when I'm 18."

"That's wonderful!" she grinned. She kissed his forehead and jumped from the bed. "I am going to bring back breakfast so we can catch up! Two months is such a long while!" she called behind her.

L felt his forehead and grinned. Closing his eyes, he go a bubbly feeling inside him. "Yes!" he screamed inside his head.

...

They chattered in his room, for the rooms were divided by gender now. Talking, laughing, smiling, and creating an overall great mood.

L then asked nervously, "Maybe we should go on a date, you know, since we both like eachother now..." he fidgeted and quieted. Sage giggled and patted her hand on his knee, "Of course." His face colored and he smiled warmly. He leaned forward and layed his lips on Sage's cheek. Her face broke out into heavy red and she fell off the bed, surprised.

"Hahahaha!" he laughed and clutched his chest. Sage stood up and pouted.

"No fair!" she whined, "You surprised me!" she stomped playfully out of the room, L still giggling.

...

L quickly got reaquanted with his child memories as he strolled down the hallways of Wammy. More children had arrived there since the last time he was here. Little children and big children alike. He glanced over at a scolding Simon and giggled. He still hasn't changed a bit.

L arrived in the dining room and scarfed down breakfast while walking towards the front door. He skipped outside into the blazing sunlight and chewed while thinking about places for a date. He knew a few tricks from watching a thing called anime in Tokyo. He remembered how the old lady in the next room introduced him to the interesting cartoons.

...

"Ohaio, Obaa-san!" L called from the doorway outside of the hotel.

"Ohaio L-kun! Watashi wa anata o miru ni wa nani ka o motte iru!*1

"Ima sugu?"*2

"Hai! Isoge!"*3

She disappeared into her room. L sighed and sprinted back into the hotel and up the stairs.

He appeared in her room.

"Hai, sore wa nanidesu ka?"*4

She called from a different room, "Kochi! Kochi!"*5

"Watashi ga kite iru!"*6

He arrived to where she was calling from and saw she was using a computer.

"Yokoso! Mite!"*7

"Hai, hai," he replied. He looked at the flickering screen and saw female shaped cartoons. He had never seen these in England.

"Kore wa nanidesu ka?"*8 he asked her inquisitivly.

"Anime!" she replied simply.

"Anime to wa nanidesu ka?"*9 he asked her increduously.

"Chūdoku! Jōdan! Sore wa Nippon no mangadesu! Horākomedī kara!"*10

"Osoroshii."*11

"Tokei wa anata no tsugi no intabyū no mae ni ikutsu ka, anata wa hontō no Nippon no bunka to wa nani ka miru koto ga dekimasu!"*12 she called behind her. She picked up her shopping back, blew a kiss to L, and said "Saiyonara"

When she left, he experianced some very interesting material. He clicked the wrong link at first, and came to an echii shounen-ai anime. That scarred him a bit, so he safely clicked Clannad. He then laughed his butt off so hard, he fell out of the chair. He left her apartment that day a learned man; and an addicted man.

*1 I have something to show you!

*2 Right now?

*3 Yes! Hurry!

*4 Yes, what is it?

*5 Come here! Come here!

*6 I'm coming!

*7 Welcome! Look!

*8 What is this?

*9 what is anime?

*10 An addiction! Just kidding! It is Japanese cartoons! From comedy to horror!

*11 Awesome.

*12 Watch some before your next interview, then you can see what real Japanese culture is about!

...

He smiled, thinking about that memory. He hoped that Obaa-san was doing well.

Suddenly, Sage was in front of him, staring at his face intently and curiously.

"What are you spacing out for?" she asked him quizzically.

He smiled and put his arm around her. She blushed and pouted. "Don't distract me! Answer the question!"

He smiled some more and led her into Wammy.

"Let's go on the computer and I'll show you!"