Ch. 19 - Squints and Wendy

you're welcome

help i've been watching the gif to different songs and I'm peeing (pon de replay really got me. actually every song works. try it you'll enjoy it)

Chapter 19

"Ready? Okay.. Say cheese!"

Peter tries to take the camera from me, but I dodge out of his way quickly enough to take the picture.

"Gracie," he whines, "I don't want my picture taken."

"That's too bad."

I take another picture, only to be attacked by Peter's hands as his fingers wiggle against my sides. I laugh loudly, not caring if other students are watching nosily. Peter chuckles as he continues to tickle me mercilessly.

Surrendering, I drop the camera and fall to the grass. Peter drops next to me, the camera held tightly to his chest.

"Can we just stay here all day?" he asks thoughtfully.

I turn my head to look at him, his eyes on the sky. He wears a content smile, as though all is right in the world. And maybe it is.

"I'd like that."

He looks at me, his eyes dropping to my lips momentarily before going back up to my eyes.

My heart starts to speed up at even the smallest of actions. Ever since he kissed me and admitted to having feelings, there has been this subtle tension between us.

I can't quite explain what it is, but I'd appreciate it if he could just kiss me again. I've never felt so..cared for. It was just a simple kiss, but it stood for so much more.

"This is the cutest thing I've seen since Ross stopped Rachel at the airport."

Peter and I sit up to see Braden standing with his back against the tree, his hand to his heart.

"Hey, Braden," Peter says, brushing off grass on the back of my shirt. "What's up?"

Braden claps his hands together in excitement. "Alright. I, Braden Tanner, will be hosting the biggest Halloween party of the decade tonight. And you, Peter Watson and Grace Lambert, have been invited."

"Pass," Peter says immediately.

"What? Why?" I ask.

Braden crosses his arms over his chest. "Don't you dare tell me you're scared again, Peter."

He blushes, picking at a piece of grass. "Last year was really scary, alright?"

I cover my mouth with my hand. Peter is obviously embarrassed by it, probably thinking that I'll find it weird or lame. Honestly, I think it's the cutest thing.

"You don't have to worry about that this time. It isn't a haunted house. It's just a costume party."

"Just a costume party? No bloody ladies in mirrors, no creepy dolls on the shelves, no clowns?"

"Just a costume party," Braden assures. "Grace, will you be there?"

"Yeah," I say and take Peter's hand in mine. "I'll be there."

Peter hesitates, his bottom lip in between his teeth. He looks down at our hands before deciding, "fine. But if I end up peeing my pants again, you're buying me a new pair."

Braden laughs. "Promise. Now, stop being so cute and isolated and join us at the lunch table!"

"But being cute and isolated is our thing," Peter says, rubbing his thumb over the back of my hand.