Rant 1: Leafpool and Crowfeather (Leaffeather)

Picture belongs to Le-Poofe on deviantART. Video belongs to WhiskerMoon on Youtube.

(Contains spoilers for The New Prophecy, Power Of Three, and Omen Of The Stars).

Everyone either loves this couple or hates this couple. Personally it's 'Meh' for me. I don't like forbidden couples (Most of them), and I don't like Leafpool, and I hate Crowfeather. But before the Leaf X Crow lovers throw bricks at me, I will say one thing. When I first started reading this series, I absolutely LOVED this couple. I couldn't get enough of it. But now that I've reread the series, it just seems a little Cliche and boring to me now. I don't dislike it, it's just 'Meh'. I have a feeling that some readers have already left because I don't really like their OTP.

Anyway, so the way this couple starts out is that Leafpool's about to fall off a cliff. Then Crowfeather comes and saves her, then they fall in love. That's not cliche at all (note the sarcasm). Then they meet like what, two or three times? Then Crowfeather's just like, "Oh let's run away". Then Leafpool's like, "Okay, even though I have a clan I need to take care of, I'M SUCH A GOOD PERSON!" It was sweet, sorta, but it still annoyed me a bit. Then they ran away for like one chapter, then they came back, and Cinderpelt had died, and Leafpool divorced Crowfeather I guess you could say. But then Leafpool found out she was expecting Crowfeather's kits. And back in Windclan Crowfeather took Nightcloud as a mate to 'Prove his loyalty', and they had Breezepelt. Back in Thunderclan Leafpool had Lionblaze, Hollyleaf, and Jayfeather. Then she threw them at her sister like "HEY I HAD KITS CAN YOU TAKE CARE OF THEM? THANKS! OH AND MAKE SURE YOU LIE TO THE CLAN AND BRAMBLECLAW! TA TA!" I may have exaggerated a bit, but whatever.

Then maybe a year or two passes, and we don't hear about this couple for a while, UNTIL ASHFUR'S LIKE, "SQUIRRELFLIGHT WHY DON'T YOU LOVE ME! I TIRED TO KILL YOUR DAD AND IT DIDN'T WORK, NOW I'M GOING TO KILL YOUR KITS IN THE FIRE!" Then Squirrelflight's like, "There not my kits!" (in a french accent). Then Hollyleaf brings it up at the gathering, then the drama begins again in Omen Of The Stars, where Breezepelt's vowing to kill her kits and Crowfeather's treating Leafpool like dirt. Then the Dark Forest battle comes, Hollyleaf dies, and they both grieve for her. That's the only time where I actually like Crowfeather.

Overall I think this couple is Cliche and a little Overdramatic. If you hate me now , that's your problem. This is my opinion, not yours. If I offended you, I'll apologize.

If you liked this chapter, be sure to give it a vote and comment some suggestions! I need them. Until next time this is hollyleaf517 out.