CHAPTER 13

POV FIRST PERSON

Now we are in the conference room and listen to the report of the Chinese girls.

NH: Dragon Empery some suspicious activities by the siren, it could be that they were planning a massive attack against our organization or against another country. So we were ordered to set sail and investigate this case personally, but during the mission something went wrong and the siren attacked us.

Hornet: In that case, the high-ranking siren is preparing something, but we don't know what it is.

NH: Yes.

Hornet: This is a nuisance not knowing anything.

Me: But it is better to have no information than to have false information.

Wales: But still they risked their lives to give us this information, even though we don't know anything, it's a point to suspect that the Red Axis attack and this siren movement may be related.

NH: There's a chance the siren will attack while we're focused on Red Axis.

Me: And the enemy could also attack Red Axis and Azur Lane, it's not just two birds with one stone, it's 5 birds with one stone.

Wales: Divide and conquer.

THIRD PERSON POV

Enterprise and Belfast walk in the halls.

Enterprise: The unknown of the siren's movements and Sakura Empire's new technology and its ability to control the mass-produced siren cannot be mere coincidence, we should investigate.

Belfast: Don't worry about it, the queen knew this could happen so she has deployed an elite group to investigate this case in detail.

Enterprise: Eh?

Belfast: (bows) Cloak and Dagger, infiltration mission.

SAKURA EMPIRE

Meanwhile in the empire, Ayanami's friends run up the stairs to get to the restaurant quickly, in the opposite direction two women dressed as Miko pass, they are the spies of the Royal Navy, they are Edinburg and Sheffield.

Sheffield: I know it was the queen's orders, but don't get in my way, don't touch anything, don't investigate anything, just stay put.

Edinburg: Don't you trust me? If the queen ordered me to have her present here, it's for a reason.

Sheffield: Without a doubt in recent years I have wondered if she is really worthy of the position.

Edinburg: The queen may be immature, but she knows what she's doing, so do your job and say no more.

Sheffield: One more thing if you get caught, I won't do anything to save you.

IMPERIAL SANCTUARY

This shrine is where Nagato resides as empress, in the conference office, Nagato receives Akagi's report.

Nagato: Summarizing your report, this black cube allows us to control mass production siren.

Akagi: Indeed, this cube is just a by-product, after some analysis, this cube is made of the same material as our mental cubes.

Nagato: The Orochi project...

Akagi: Yes, the project that favors and sustains the survival of our empire.

Nagato: But that forced us to make the first move.

Akagi: It was unavoidable.

Kaga: Many confrontations have occurred against the siren since our first combat, our citizens barely survive, every day people die who couldn't eat or people who committed suicide or die due to citizen insecurity.

Akagi: Unfortunately, Azur Lane's strategy won't save humanity anytime soon. If the empire wants to have a chance, we should finish the Orochi project at all costs.

Nagato: I understand, for now let me think about it properly.

The girls bow and then leave the office leaving Nagato, Mutsu and Kawakaze in the office.

Nagato: (sighing) What can I do?

The report on La Kasami was not made as she did not have much of an impact in the previous matches and the girls took it as an irrelevant topic.

Outside Kaga and Akagi walk towards the residential area.

Kaga: (Frustrated) She still has a lot of doubts... Nagato lacks determination.

Akagi: Don't speak ill of her... Nagato is driven by a great love, a love for her citizens, it's obvious that she hesitates since we deal with unknown technology...

Kaga: But sister, she who doesn't risk doesn't win...

Kaga stops her words as Akagi doesn't hear her, Akagi looks at the black cube in her hands.

Akagi: But it's not enough... my love is so powerful that it could incinerate the world and continue to burn with passion (melancholic tone) Yes, we will meet soon...

TO BE CONTINUE.........................