Grace Returns (Sequel)

Years have passed, I'm 17 now and moving out of my dad's house because I got emancipated. I'm taking my little sister with me and currently driving back to East Highland.

After driving for some time, I arrive to East Highland, finally home. Rue and Fez dropped by my house here, just to keep an eye on things for me until I came back.

*Calls Rue*

Rue: "Hello?"

"Hey, RueRue! It's Grace, I'm back in town"

Rue: "Really? I'm walking over rn"

"Okay, see ya in a bit"

*hangs up*

While I waited, I continued moving some of my stuff back in. After about 15 minutes, Rue got here.

Rue: "Hey!" She ran up and hugged me.

"You have no idea how much I missed it here, and everyone"

Rue: "Same here, Ash still waits for you every day. Me, him and Fez were actually here earlier"

"When I'm done, I'm gonna go see them. Come with me?"

Rue: "Yeah, of course. Need some help in the meantime?"

"Ahh, yes please" I go to grab some boxes, and Layla walks back over to us.

Rue: "Layla?"

"Yes"

Rue: "She's so big now. She's 3 right?"

"Yup, her birthday is in a few months though"

She nodded. We grabbed boxes and put them all in the house. Rue helped me get mine and Layla's bedrooms all set up, and we're gonna try to do the rest tomorrow.

"Rue, wanna head to Fez and Ash's now?"

Rue: "Yup"

We walked out of the house, I locked the front door behind me. I held Layla's hand and we started walking. It took about 5 minutes, then we were there. I hesitated a little, but I knocked."

Fez: "Aaaash! Get the door"

Ash: *grunts* "Why don't you? I can't be bothered, man"

Fez: Really, man?"

I smiled, they were still the same as they were when I left. Soon after, Fez opens the door.

Fez: "Yo-- Grace?! When did you get back??" He pulled me into a hug.

"Only about 2 hours ago. It's so good to see you!"

Fez: "Same here, Ash is gonna freak when he see yall. Come in"

The 3 of us walked inside and sat on the couch.

Fez: "Ash, come out here real quick!"

Ash: "I said I'm busy"

Fez: "Stop bein a bitch, c'mon bruh!"

Ash: "Fuck off, Fez"

"Ashtraaaay! Get your in this living room rn, boy"

I yelled, not even 2 seconds later he rannnn into the living room.

Ash: "Grace?" I stood up as he rushed over to me and pulled me into a tight hug. "I missed you so much"

"I missed you too"

Layla walked up and started pulling on my arm.

Layla: "Sissy, I want some juice"

Ash: "Wow, she got so big"

Layla: "Who's them people, sissy?"

I crouched down so I was leveled with her small height.

"They're my friends, they helped me take care of you when you were just a little baby"

Layla: "Did we have a mommy?"

"Yes, we did. She's not with us anymore though, but always in our hearts okay?"

She smiled and nodded, as I kissed her head.

Rue: "We have a LOT to catch up on"

"Okay, catch me up"

Rue: "So a few months after you left..."

Rue told me about everything that has happened. The thing with Cassie and Nate. Lexi's play, Maddy and Cassie's fight.

"Wow...I didn't expect that. Is Maddy okay?"

Rue: "Yeah she is now, I think"

Fez: "Uh, didn't she say she wanted to kill Cassie and Nate?"

Rue: "...We don't talk about that"

I laughed at that a little.

Ash: "I missed hearing that laugh"

He kissed my cheek as I smiled, it feels so good to finally be back. This is where I belong, my home, with the people I love most in the world.

Rue: "So what's the plan for today?"

"Unpacking is draining, I'm chillin' out today"

Fez & Ash: "Same"

Rue: "Imagine being boring"

"Girl...go pop a molly or something"

Layla: "What's molly?"

"Uhh-"

Ash: "It's candy, they're like smarties but the adult kind"

Layla: "I want some candyyy! Can we get some candy?"

Ash: "Yeah, c'mon"

Ash and I exchanged smiles as he walked towards the door with Layla holding his hand.

Ash: "Be right back"

They walked out and headed to the gas station. I feel normal again, like everything is falling right back into place.

Fez: "That kid is gonna be bouncing off the walls"

"Yup, might need to invest in some melatonin"

Fez put on our signature movie. Me, Ash, Fez, and Layla would watch this everytime I came over...so basically we watched it every day.

"Ahh, it's been forever since I watched this! I didn't watch it without you guys while I was gone, it didn't feel right"

Fez: "Well then, this is a perfect reunion, huh?"

"Yes, very much so"

Then Ashtray and Layla came back with a bag full of candy and the little pints of ice cream.

Ash: "Oooh, Friday!"

He plopped on the couch next to me and put his arm around my shoulders. Layla layed down across our legs. We all relaxed and watched the movie, Layla ended up falling asleep and I was getting a little drowsy.

"Ash, I'm gettimg tired. I'm going to sleep in your room"

Ash: "Same, I'm coming with you"

I carefully moved Layla and picked her up, then we went into Ashtray's room. I layed her down on the middle of the bed, then layed next to her. Ash layed behind me and put his arm on my waist, soon after we fell asleep.

A/N

heyy, lovelies. i know you've been waiting quite a while for this, but here it is now ! i really hope you enjoyed it, and i also wanna say thank you for 13.3k reads ! i never thought i would get this many. (next part tomorrow.) <3