Gone.

As I woke up, I looked beside me and Ash was sitting up on my bed, feeding Layla. That made me smile.

"There's nothing I'd rather wake up to than this." I smiled as I heard a knock on the door. Ash and I look at each other.

Ash: "Are you expecting anyone?"

"No...Stay up here with her, I'll be back."

Ash: "Hey, be careful."

I got up and went to my Mom's room, expecting her to be there...She wasn't. I shrugged and went to answer door.

Cop: "Are you Grace Lemm?"

"I-I am, why?"

Cop: "I'm sorry to tell you this, but your Mother has passed away in a terrible car accident. I am sorry for your loss, ma'am."

I nodded, as the cop walked off my porch. I closed my door and slid down against the wall. As I was doing so, Ash came down.

Ash: "Grace? Shit, Grace what happened?"

"I-It's my Mom. She's gone, Ash."

I said, with my voice breaking and I began to cry in his arms.

Ash: "Hey, we're gonna throw her a nice funeral. Invite your family and friends."

"Yeah. That sounds real nice, she'd like that." I said still crying.

Ash: "You can also stay at mine. Layla too, of course."

"Oh, no no I can't ask that of you."

Ash: "Too bad, you can't just stay here on your own. I mean c'mon, how're you supposed to go to school if you're on your own with Layla?"

He had made a point. It was clear that I didn't really have much of a choice.

"Okay, fine. Thank you, Ash."

He smiles, "I'll let Fez know."

5 hour time skip

Me and Ash told Fez what happened, he agreed to letting me stay with him.

Fez: "I'm sorry this happened to you, kid."

I gave a small smile and nodded.

Fez: "Make yourself at home, you and your sister can stay for as long as you need."

"Thank you Fez."

Fez: "Of course, I'm always here for you."

"Is it okay if I have a nap? I'm really tired..." I said quietly, but loud enough that he could hear me.

Fez: "Of course."

With that, I drifted off to sleep.

Ashtray's POV:

I came out of my room to see Grace asleep on the couch. She didn't look sad anymore, she was relaxed. I watched as she turned and shifted on the couch, I gotta tell you it's not the most comfy place to sleep. I decided to carefully pick her up, trying my best not to wake her. I brought her to my room and layed her on my bed, covering her up. With that, I went back out to the living room so she could sleep.

Fez: "Yo Ash, you gonna be good here with Layla while Grace sleeps? I gotta do something and I won't be back for another hour or two."

Ash: "Yeah, I'll be good."

Fez: "Ight, be back soon." He then walked out.

Layla started to get fussy, so picked her up and tried to feed her, but she wasn't hungry. I held her and walked around the living room lightly bouncing, but that didn't work either.