Different Reasons

Once everyone is on one understanding and in agreement to having Marguerite and Winter visit, they all file out of the war room. Being that it took longer than expected, Rome knows it's about time for Blake to come pick up Brooklyn.

"Aye, baby?"

"Hmm?" Smiling up at him, Eden hums her response as they walk down the corridor holding hands.

"I, uh gotta make sure Brookie is ready to go."

"I'll help you." Not thinking anything of it, Eden volunteers.

"For the weekend with her...mom."

"Ohhh. Um, as long as she keeps her smart ass mouth closed I'll be quiet."

"Eden?"

"I promise!" Smiling, she crosses her heart.

"Baby you literally tried to kill her the last time you saw her!"

"And who's fault is that, Rome Cannon Haven? Both of yours. You for not keeping your dick to yourself. And her due to that smart ass mouth, that needs to stay shut." Smiling sweet as sugar, Eden bats her eyelashes.

Its more of a still luming threat than a factual statement of past events.

"Ok, ok! I get it!" Laughing uncomfortably, he puts his hands up in surrender.

"Good."

Walking the rest of the way in silence, they finally get to Brooklyn's room. And low and behold, Blake is sitting expectantly in her mini living room space.

"Wow!" Shocked and caught completely off guard by Eden's presence, Blake scoffs.

Seeing the healed scar on Blake's face, Eden smiles snidely.

"She's back, like for good?"

Ignoring Blake, Eden knows Rome will handle it.

"Blake, you've known for months that Eden, my mate, has been back. So quit tryna start shit. How long are you gonna keep Brooke?"

"For the weekend. I have somewhere to go. Mate? Like you two mated already?"

"What kinda clothes does she need? Play clothes or going out clothes?" Ignoring her questions Rome heads into Brooklyn's closet.

"So you're just gonna ignore me, Rome? Why cause she's here? Cause usually you're very flirtatious. Complimenting me. Staring at me like you wanna fuck me, again."

Hearing her say that, Eden is becoming truly aggravated.

"Blake, you really crossing a line. Ya bein wild disrespectful. Watch ya mouth."

Rome growls as he steps out of the closet.

"Oh cause you don't want her to know right?"

"Know what, Rome?"

Having sat quiet long enough, Eden is angrily intrigued.

"Nothing. She's just tryna start shit."

"Am I though? Cause when I got Brooklyn last month, you were all in my fuckin face! Tryna fuck me, again!"

"Again? Rome, what the fuck is she talkin about?! And why does she keep saying 'again'?!"

Knowing that she's been back for almost seven months, Eden's heart begins thudding in her chest. Especially since they've had sex multiple times since she's been back and these last couple of weeks they've actually been working on being together, as a mated couple. So it is dire that Rome clarify these accusations for Eden.

"Not-."

"The fact that after that little show you put on and disappeared, he started fuckin me again! Just like we did before you ever showed up. The entire time you were gone he was with me. And he still gets it when he wants now. So this-." She points to the scar on her face. "Just makes you look like a desperate bi-."