Forever Mate

"Legend, I said I will tell her. Chill out."

"Please make me understand how the fuck it makes sense to begin to form a relationship with Eden and then drop the bomb that y'all will have Brooklyn most of her life! Due to the fact of her being half human and that if she has a wolf she won't be able to live amongst the humans because of the bylaws! How does that make sense, Rome?! It's one thing to see a stepchild every so often, it's another to have to raise her! And then on top of that Blake is going to shit a brick when she sees Eden! Knowing that a beautiful black woman is raising her daughter and she can't?!  Especially because when you met with the council about Brooklyn's existence they compromised that she could live here, but Blake will never be accepted as a pack member. Once again because you were arranged to Eden when Blake got pregnant, so they weren't gonna make Eden feel uncomfortable. Blake's going to be even more of a nightmare than she already is!"

"Fuck! I know, Legend!"

"And what are you gonna tell her about y'all fuckin?!"

"I'm not! I'm gonna stop fuckin Blake and then I won't have to bring it up!"

"You are dumber than I thought if you believe Blake will let that slide! She is calculating, petty, and conniving! Plus she wants Eden's spot! She has leverage, asshole! Why don't you ever think, Rome?! When you knew Eden was coming over two months ago, you should have stopped fucking Blake!"

"You're right! Hhhhhhhh! You're right, Legend! I don't have shit to say, but you're right." Rubbing his face angrily, Rome sighs and begins heading downstairs.

"Ok, so can you safely mix the cheese in for me? But you gotta be very careful cause the milk and noodles are hot. OK?"

"Yesh! I a big girl, Edee!"

"OK, Brookie!"

Laughing, Eden stands Brooklyn on the little stool so that she can reach the pot with the mixture in it.

"You like seasoning, Brookie?"

"Was dat?!"

"Figures." Snickering, Eden finds the salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, and paprika. "OK mama, this is seasoning!"

"Oooohhhh, yesh! Nana Asia uses dat!"

"Mmm, figures." She hums.

"EDEN MARLEY!" Cackling, Nile is thoroughly enjoying the cooking lesson.

"There you go with that slick ass mouth!"

Chuckling, Rome walks into the kitchen.

"Huh?! W-what I do?!" Laughing, Eden can't even get the question out.

"You know exactly what ya petty ass did! That's why ya laughing!" Smiling at her, Rome sits on the counter. 

And in his gray sweat outfit, Eden doesn't mind the view. Or the way his tight tank top hugs his body, but those gray sweatpants? Oh why did he have to put those on? It seems like every inch is visible in those things, as he sits gap legged on his perch. Pulling her very curious eyes away from him, Eden turns her attention back to she and Brooklyn's cooking venture.

"Well I was just asking a question!"

"Yeah right!"

Laughing deeply, Rome watches Eden giggle as she cooks with Brooklyn and it's something he could watch all day everyday. They fit so well together and are so perfect and beautiful to him.

"OK little mama now meat!"

"Uuhh, she doesn't eat meat."

"Wait what?!"