Sick to her Stomach

Taking a very deep breath, Eden readies herself to go back on the stage. Peeking out of the curtain, she sees Lily finishing up her segment. 

"You can do this beautiful, they just wanna see you Edee. So let them see...you."

"Ok."

Stepping onto the stage, she's met with a thunderous round of applause. Smiling graciously, she waves. Seeing her, Elise and Lily squeeze her in a tight group hug.

"I'm so happy you're ok!"

"Me to-! Wait, why do you smell like that?!" Lily sniffs her.

"Like what?! I was outside."

"Like a man, Eden. But obviously not Rome." Curling her lip up, Lily waits.

"Girl stop, it was Ty. He came to check on me. We talked a little but literally spent most of our time just quietly looking at the water and sunset."

"You promise?"

"I swear. I would never ruin this, whatever it is, without both of us giving it a fair shot. Not for Ty or anyone else."

"Good, I'm glad to hear that. Now go wrap it up strong, baby." Kissing her cheek, Lily fluffs Eden's hair before taking her seat.

Nodding Eden walks to center stage.

"Good evening everyone! Thank you all so much for coming. First and foremost I hope you're having an amazing time the way we planned for you to!" Listening to everyone clapping and cheering she smiles from her heart. "Well as you see I disappeared for most of the panel and presentations. I don't wanna lie to any of you for my absence I wa-."

"Eden?!"

Turning around to see her mother staring at her, she smiles.

"It's ok, ma!" Laughing, she turns around.

"As you all know I'm a momma's girl, so she's just making sure I'm ok!" As the crowd laughs she blows Elise a kiss. "Truth is, no. Wait, hold on." Taking her shoes off she carefully sits on the edge of the stage. "Gotta make sure my bits and pieces are away or my momma will kill me!" As everyone is in a chuckling uproar, Lily and Elise join her sitting at the edge of the stage.

"She's right though y'all!" Elise yells much to everyone's continued amusement.

"But the truth is no, I'm not ok today. I have this huge festival that wolves and she-wolves have traveled hours and multiple territories to get to. That my pack is expecting me to host. Mixers after seminars, and for a whole weekend. On top of my daily responsibilities. But where does that leave me with time for myself?! Nowhere right? I'm just supposed to grin and bear it. I'm supposed to be able to withstand that pressure like a diamond, right? But what about the days where I really wanna be a pipe and break. Just let the floodgates explode? Don't I get those days? Most in power would say no, but I'm here to tell you, yes the hell I do!"

As the crowd goes wild in agreement, Eden and her little support system laugh.

"Hell I know I do!" Elise chimes in.

"I have my days too!" Lily raises her hand.

Which triggers a hand raising response from other high ranking she-wolves and high ranking wolves in attendance.

"Seeeeee! It's ok to just be our people selves sometimes! We don't always have to be the strong ready for everything, always on alert wolves. Their human counterparts need  care too. Often we, as wolves, only cater to the wolf side of ourselves and neglect the human side. But Nile would be the first to tell you I'm the one that needs the cheat days!" Eden giggles with the crowd. "I'm serious! She's very loving and always there for me, but I'm the emotional one. The mush, the secret hopeless romantic, the petty one, and yes even the, cover the little one's ears if they're here, the bitchy one. I rule off emotion whereas she's more practical. I get my feelings hurt, although maybe only these two have seen it, oh and Israel! But I get mad and react out of spite or anger. I'm just me. And coming to a new pack at literally barely 23, that is highly established with an amazing reputation, it was intimidating like nothing I've ever done before and I even built a building for Cassius Horton!"