ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 8

❀❀❀❀❀❀
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 8

Bethany couldn't believe that they had lost the qualifier for Regionals, they officially went from International champions to the lowest of the low.

She and the rest of the team had no idea what path they were going to be taking next, she just hoped it would lead them onto a main road.

After Bethany had left Noah behind, claiming him to be a liar, she felt the worst she had felt in a long time. She just wished that she had got through to him and hoped he had some time to think so his mind would be much clearer.

Figuring it would be the best idea, she decided to go and find Noah once again to see if they could maybe resolve the issues of what happened, she hated being on bad terms with him.

Noah heard someone walking into the lounge, he hadn't wanted anyone to see what he was doing, icing his back with cold peas.

Before the person walking into the room caught him icing his back, he slammed the bag of peas into the curtains beside him and turned to see the blonde girl now stood at the entrance of the room.

"What are you doing?" Bethany softly asked, witnessing the peas getting thrown against the wall.

"I was, uh, just killing a spider." Noah looked to where he threw the peas. "A big daddy long legs."

Bethany nodded her head, looking at him strangely before deciding to slowly walked to one of the couches.

She hadn't seen him since the qualifier, due to his hiding out, him being in the lounge by himself proved her point of that.

"Do you wanna sit down?" Bethany suggested. She wasn't going to get mad at him, she just genuinely wanted to know what was going on with him.

"Okay." Noah nodded with a small smile and walked over to sit beside her. Instead of sitting normally, he squatted down on to the seat, clearly in pain.

"Why'd you just sit down like that?" Bethany questioned.

"Just giving the quads a little work out." Noah nervously laughed.

"So, the qualifier, that was tough, huh?" Bethany began.

"It shouldn't have been tough, we should have won." Noah told her.

Bethany shook her head, with the way Noah was dancing they were destined to lose as soon as he made the mistake.

"Noah, you messed up when you were supposed to lift me." Bethany told him. "We've done that lift so many times, I know you can do it. I just wanna know what's going on, I'm not here to yell at you again."

"Listen, I'm good." Noah took his hand in hers, rubbing his thumb back and forth across it. "I promise."

Bethany sighed as she looked down at her and Noah's hands. He wasn't going to admit it and she knew that, but, in his own time she knew he would tell her.

"Okay, well, if you need anything or need anyone to talk to, I'm here." Bethany smiled slightly.

"Me too." Noah replied.