Chapter 4

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED©

My mate was staring at me in shock. It seriously looked like his eyes were going to fall out of their sockets. His face showed no remorse or guilt it was just full of shock and amazement. For a second I thought I could see a little fear flash in his eyes but it returned to shock. So I couldn’t be sure if it was real or just my mind playing tricks on me.

My mate looked like he was in prison he had the whole angry and disturbed vibe so the thought of him being scared of something was laughable. He had spiky pitch black hair icy blue eyes and inches of muscle covered his entire body.

Yes he was hot and he was technically mine but I didn’t want him.

Staring at my mate brought back memories from those days I was locked up; I could feel my anger for my mate resurfacing with a passion. Just as I was about to try to kill him with my glare my wolf spoke up.  

What are you doing? Go to him Alice.

Go to him? You want me to go to him? After all he’s done to us you still want to be with him? Traitor I thought you hated him!

I did hate him but I can’t help it and neither can he, his wolf wants us and so does he! Can’t you see it?

Oh please if he really wanted us then he wouldn’t have left us to get raped in that hellhole!

I know that but I just can’t help it please?

No he’s no good for us and I can never forgive him for what he did.

Fine then Alice but just remember you left me no choice.

What?

Suddenly an unbearable pain came over me I could feel my wolf trying to take over.  I tried to fight her but her love for our mate was stronger than my hate for him. She forced me to take a step in his direction then another and another. Each step was full of agonizing pain.

Eventually I reached his side he raised his eyebrows at me as if he was asking me what I was doing. My wolf was howling she was in her own little world. While I was in a world full of pain I was surprised I wasn’t dead yet it felt like I was being hit by a truck every second. After a moment’s hesitation she quickly ran into his arms and captured his lips with mine.

I was enraged how could she? I forgot about the pain and started to fight for my body. Distracted with our mate she didn’t notice until it was too late and I immediately pulled away from him.

Why did you do that?

Why did you kiss him he freaking abandons us and you instantly forgive him the first time you see him?

Yes he is our mate

You know what I’m going to deal with this right now and then with you later.

Alice don’t we need him!

No we needed him but not anymore.

“Alice what’s going on?” my mother slowly walked towards me and stared at me in shock.

“umm well you see,” I tried to come up with a logical reason for my wolf’s behavior but the only thing that came to my mind was that he was my boyfriend from an internet dating site.

Oh yeah that’s nice “this is Bob he’s like my boyfriend and we met on match.com” totally believable.

“Alice is my mate.” He blurted out. My mother gasped along with the crowd. I heard some of the unmated females curse under their breath.