Chapter 3

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED©

Jason’s POV

I shifted into my pitch black wolf and ran to Alice’s house. The fighters that I ordered ran with me, they were supposed to be the fastest wolves in our pack but right now I could tell I was going too fast for them. Jacob the top runner in our pack was barely keeping up with me.

Hurry up faster! I commanded,

Yes alpha they replied

I pushed myself to go faster and a few seconds later I had left them behind. Alice’s house was five minutes away but I got there in less than a minute. When I reached her front door I couldn’t see any guards.

Maybe they’re inside, I thought

I shifted and busted down the door, I ran up the stairs in less than a second. When I reached the top I scanned the room for threats. What I saw angered me to my very core.

One of Alice’s guards was beating her up. I stormed over and pulled him off of her. He looked at me confused.

“Why did you stop me from attacking the enemy?” He glared at my baby before he glanced at me.

Ah a new one, I thoughtnew guards were always annoying they always thought they were better than everyone. Well it’s time someone put him in his place. I thought

“BECAUSE THAT’S MY DAUGHTER!” I yelled into his ear.

He looked like he was going to shit his pants. I could see the blood draining from his face, the stench of fear filled my nostrils. Pathetic

“Alpha I am so sor-“

 He didn’t finish his apology. I grabbed his neck and twisted it I didn’t stop until I heard his neck snap. Disgusted I threw his body down the stairs and ran to my daughter’s side.  Her face was bruised and bloodied, one of her eyes was shut and her arm was twisted the wrong way.

I carefully picked her up and slowly I walked down the stairs. She stirred and whimpered; even in her sleep she didn’t want anyone to touch her. I sighed, well at least the rouges who did those things to her died by my hands. When I reached the last step I was extra careful, the dead guard’s body was on this step.

I heard someone outside and I growled, Jacob came in running his face was beet red and he looked like he was going to pass out.

“Alpha Connor and Seth are going to be here in a few minutes.” He gasped out It looked like it was taking everything he had just to stand. This boy really needed to sit down and take a breath.

“Jacob I’m taking Alice to the pack doctor. Let Connor and Seth know that they can stop running, and I want all of you to get rid of the body and fix any damages that were made in the attack.”

“Yes sir,”

 He replied he was holding his side and trying to take deep breaths. Damn how fast was I going? I wasn’t even tired, I nodded at him and carried Alice out of there.

Alice’s POV

It was dark there was nothing but darkness. Any sane person might have been scared but not me. The darkness seemed to wrap itself around me. I could feel it seeping into my skin I could feel it trying to claw its way into my mind.

Right now I was feeling pure bliss, there was no pain. No nightmares, no horrific memories fighting to get into my thoughts.

Right now I felt safe.

I stayed still I gave it full access to my body and soul. Before the darkness could fully consume me a voice interrupted me and caused the darkness to stop.