Chapter 77

Hearing the topics the other women were discussing, Tian Bi Yue remained silent. The things these people talked about were things she did not understand, and she had nothing to say. She sat here, but did not fit in with the mood of the banquet.

"Miss Tian, I heard your father was the regional inspector of Jin Prefecture before he was transferred to the capital?"

Tian Bi Yue heard this, and turned her head. The one who spoke was a girl in a yellow dress sitting next to her. She appeared to be sixteen or so.

She had never interacted with people of the capital. She also did not have anyone to guide her, so she did not know at all who the other was.

"Miss is correct. Before my father came to the capital, he was the regional inspector." Tian Bi Yue saw that this girl did not seem to be easy-going and responded.

"The Jin Prefecture is a good place." The yellow-robed girl smiled and then said, "I see that you have not touched the fruits in front of you. Are they not suited to your appetite?"

"No. Because it is my first time in the palace, I saw the palace is so golden and magnificent and I forgot myself." Tian Bi Yue stilled, and did not know what this girl meant.

"So that is why. I was wondering why Miss Tian was looking around." The yellow-robed girl smiled and said with slight disdain, "Miss, you came from Jin Prefecture and do not know how to act in the capital. It is not elegant to look around at a banquet."

Tian Bi Yue flushed red. She did not know if the other had detected that she had been peeking at His Majesty, so the other was warning her. She said, "Miss, thank you for reminding me."

The yellow-robed girl sneered, and then turned to say to the blue-robed girl next to her, "I am going out for air. Come with me."

The blue-robed girl glanced at Tian Bi Yue and smiled, taking the other's hand and leaving the hall.

"Why argue with a person like this?" The blue-robed girl sighed when they left the hall. "In the eyes of others, it is you bullying others with your status."

"I just look down on her staring at His Majesty without blinking. She thinks that the people around her are stupid and cannot see." The yellow-robed girl, Wu Dong Yun, the daughter of the Wu Family patriarch, snorted. "Back then, in Taihe Palace, I even dared to slight Sima Xiang. I do not fear bullying this daughter of the chief of the Court of the Imperial Stud."

"Her having feelings for His Majesty has nothing to do with you. Why are you so indignant?" The blue-robed girl knew that her cousin was always so direct. She never had a good expression for people she looked down on. But this Miss Tian had done a favor for His Majesty and it would not be good to make a fuss.

"The emperor and the empress are in harmony. Why have other people mix in?" Wu Dong Yun cursed in a low voice. "I cannot stand to see that."

Just after she finished, she saw a few people walk out from the path on the side. It was the two Gu brothers, and Hu Yun Qi.

The blue-robed girl was slightly embarrassed. They had just mentioned the empress, and were overheard by the Gu Family. This really was...

Fortunately, the three men were well-mannered and did not show unusual expressions. They did not seem to have heard Wu Dong Yun's words. After exchanging greetings, they separated.

"Now you know not to talk about people behind their backs." The girl in the blue robe pulled Wu Dong Yun's sleeve. "We were lucky to meet these three. If we had met some wastrels instead, heaven knows how it would have been passed on."

"They can talk like they wish. Am I afraid?" Wu Dong Yun snorted stubbornly. She turned to glance in the direction that Gu Zhi Yu and the others had disappeared in. She pulled the blue-robed girl to walk away faster.