Chapter 19

"Long time no see; Virtuous Nephew looks more outstanding." The leader of the Sun Family, also the elder brother of the Sima Family second mistress, Sun Hong sat deliberately next to Gu Cun Jing. He ignored that his juniors were all around him and directly talked to Gu Cun Jing.

"Uncle, you are too complimentary." Gu Cun Jing put down his chopsticks and greeted Sun Hong with a small bow and a smile. "Uncle looks younger now."

"Oh," Sun Hong waved his hand, poured himself a cup of wine and drained it. "Do not mention it."

Seeing his grimace, Gu Cun Jing took the wine pot and poured a full cup for Sun Hong. He listened dryly to Sun Hong speak of some seeming complaints that were not very important at all.

Supposedly, after the miss of Sima Family's Second Branch died in an accident, the second mistress Sun shi had been in bad spirits. The Sun family members had gone to the Sima Family several times to comfort her, but the results had not been good.

These complaints then moved to mention the empress dowager and the Holy One in the palace. Gu Cun Jing knew what Sun Hong wanted and only smiled without speaking.

"In another two years, His Majesty will be holding his marriage. I wonder which family's miss will have the fate." Sun Hong said regretfully, "Pity about my niece. Beautiful, talented, but the heavens were jealous of her..."

Sun Hong's tone immediately fell dispiritedly, as though the passing away of the Sima second miss had given him a great blow. But based on what he knew, the Sun Family had an astoundingly beautiful miss famed in Jing that not even the Sima misses could rival.

"Uncle, my condolences." Gu Cun Jing tried to make his expression seem sad. "Today is the good day for Third Uncle Sima's family—you should be happy." After saying this, he saw that Sun Hong's expression was slightly odd but it quickly calmed.

"You are correct, today is a good day." Sun Hong looked up to glance at Third Master Sima who was welcoming his guests and forced a smile.

Sun Hong was silent for a while and then seemed to mention casually, "Virtuous Nephew is a dragon guard of the Holy One. You must understand the Holy One's preferences well."

Gu Cun Jing's eyebrows rose slightly. His tone was slightly helpless. "Although His Majesty is young, he is a rare wise ruler. Other than working to study and governing, I did not see him have any special interests. Even the empress dowager worries that His Majesty works too hard and frequently urges him to rest."

Sun Hong felt his teeth ache. The young emperor really had such a personality?

Then what flavour was there in the days?

After not being able to get anything out of Gu Cun Jing, Sun Hong settled down. But after the banquet ended, he found Gu Cun Jing and spoke of meeting to drink again.

Ever since he became part of the dragon guard, people frequently tried to learn about the emperor's matter from him. Gu Cun Jing was used to this. He had not lied. There was really no flaw to pick out of the young emperor. Other people could not see him have any special preferences. Even if people wanted to find out, there was no place to start.

But this understanding was torn down by the young emperor himself when Second Brother Gu went into the palace the next day.

"Cun Jin, I heard there is a restaurant in Jing that is the best at the fish banquet?" After finishing his classes for the day, Jin Yang looked at Gu Cun Jing who stood by the door and beckoned for him to enter. "Have you heard of this restaurant?"

He had not just heard of it, he had dined there.

Gu Cun Jing saw that Jin Yang seemed interested in this restaurant and said hesitantly, "This subject has been to the restaurant. Their full fish banquet is interesting. Your Majesty, you are..."