Chapter 51

Gu Ru Jiu was disgusted when she learned a member of the Duobao envoy group had molested a woman and shamefully suggested taking the woman as a concubine in order to avoid a punishment from Great Feng.

"Who are they? Why should a good woman from Great Feng go be a concubine in their country?" Gu Ru Jiu was rarely angry, but this time, she felt disgusted as though she had eaten a fly. She found Bai Xian and asked about the course of events.

Bai Xian saw the empress did not have a good expression as she asked about what the Duobao had done. He immediately became confident and explained all he knew.

"You say the Duobao envoy was eating at a restaurant, saw the girl was beautiful, harassed her and even made physical movements. The girl was angry and slapped him. The scholars nearby saw this, and protected her?" Gu Ru Jiu nodded and said, "These scholars are brave."

"Niangniang, you are right. In our Great Feng, even our women are brave, and will not be bullied by those men from small countries." As an important eunuch, Bai Xian felt superior when he faced the people of weak countries. When people he looked down on dared to bully people of Great Feng, he found Duobao displeasing to the eye.

Gu Ru Jiu felt that these neighbouring small countries should not be ignored. Who knew if they were truly respectful, or were traitors inside?

"While they are a small country, they should not be underestimated," Gu Ru Jiu said. "If one looks down on other people, that is indulging them."

"Yes." Bai Xian became wary inwardly when he heard this and couldn't help but think, did some country have evil intentions?

"Has His Majesty sent a decree on the matter?" Gu Ru Jiu thought, even she knew of this matter. Someone must have reported to Jin Yang. Maybe the chief justice had requested an audience just now for this matter.

Bai Xian told Gu Ru Jiu the emperor's verbal decree.

After listening to Bai Xian's answer, Gu Ru Jiu immediately clapped. "His Majesty is really worthy. This is a good way."

Someone from Duobao commits a crime in Great Feng, then they should be punished by Great Feng laws. If they are not willing, they should just get out and go back to Duobao, and we shall never interact again. But the criminal should be left here.

It was very good Jin Yang could express such a tough attitude. If Jin Yang felt this was a minor matter, and a woman being molested was not worth straining ties, then she would find it terrifying.

Because this was not just a minor matter of molestation, but concerned the dignity of a country, and the attitude of an emperor towards his people.

Today, the Duobao envoy dared to molest a woman. If they did not care, maybe another envoy tomorrow would kill someone, and think of themselves as a honored guest.

Honoured guests were honoured because they first knew to respect the host. If they could not do this, they were loathsome guests.

Bai Xian saw the empress' expression of admiration did not disappear after she heard how His Majesty had dealt with Duobao. He thought, His Majesty and Niangniang were really from the same family. Their reactions were about the same after learning of the matter.

In reality, Jin Yang and Gu Ru Jiu were not the only people angry. Many officials raised their eyebrows after hearing of the incident.

Great Feng had the habit of not allowing other people to touch their people, no matter how hard they were fighting among themselves. A hundred years ago, Great Feng's young emperor and the regent were fighting for power. Gaoluo, a neighbouring country, felt their opportunity had come, and immediately sent an army to invade Great Feng's borders.