Man Of The House

Craig

The boys and I left around 2 in the morning. As usual we took like half the food that was leftover. Hey don't blame us Ninis chicken is slammin. I opened the door to my house and there were a whole bunch of drunks passed out everywhere. Moms "friends" I stepped over them and made my way to my little sister and brothers room. Kaylah and Jaylen Both 4.There doors were locked as I left them. I don't need anyone trying to touch them.  

I pressed my ear against the door and heard their steady breaths. I went to my 13 year olds sisters room to make sure her fast behind was still in there. 

Tanisha. She's that age when she wants to "try new things" New things as in boys. And big bro don't play that. Especially when she has 2 big brothers. 

The second oldest Jermaine 14. He looks out for the family when I'm not there. He keeps things in order. Just like me but talks a lot more. 

And me I'm the oldest since my dad left a month or so before the twins were born when I was 13. I'm the man of the house. Even though I'm always in trouble with the cops my siblings look up to me.  

I mean they have no choice my moms is always either at work or here getting drunk having parties. So I'm the one who's taking care of them. 

I opened the door to mine and Jermaines bedroom. I knew he wasn't sleeping. Our beds were right across from each other. I took off my shirt and put on some basket ball shorts and laid back on my bed, waiting for the questions to start.

"Where were you?"

Jermaine turned to face me. I closed my eyes

"Out"

"Where?"

"A friends house"

"What friend?"

"How is that any of your business?"

"Where you selling guns again?"

"Are you stupid? Or are you just dumb? You know I stopped doing that."

"We'll what about cousin Leo always coming around here still? Asking for you?"

"Leo knows I've stopped he comes because he wants me to come back. I was out. Where? Don't worry about it. Don't ask. Go to bed."

"But

"NOW"

He sighed and turned over in his bed. I can't tell him anything because I know word will get around to the wrong type of people. And eventually the whole state of California will know. And I honestly don't need that right now.