You Dont Know Me

Raquan

I snuck in my house making sure my mother doesn't hear me. My only brother is out still at his friends house. Travis he's 16 and he's a trouble maker like me. We're a lot alike we could be twins if he wasn't born a year after me. I try looking out for him but its hard.

"RAQUAN"

Damn it she's up.

"Yes ma'am?"

"Boy shut up end get in here!!"

I hung my head as I walked in her room. She was laying on her bed.

"Come here boy"

I walked closer to her. Not looking her in the eye.

"Do you have makeup on?"

"No ma"

"Yes you do."

She grabbed me by my braids.

"I told you to stop covering those cuts up. Didn't I?"

She started hitting me in my face. Closed fist punches. She got out the bed and brought me to the bathroom. There was a tub full of water waiting.

"I'm tired of telling you not to come home late."

She stuck her hands in my pockets and pulled everything out. Phone, 10 dollars,car keys,house keys, and Faiths and Is necklace.

"Ma stop."

"Boy don't tell me what to do"

She turned on my phone and saw my screen saver. It was a picture of Faith and I kissing but you can't tell because its from the lips down.

"Who is this?!?"

I swallowed hard.

"Nobody"

She got mad and slapped me scratching my cheek. She pushed me in the ice cold water and held my head down. I pushed her hands off my face and came up above the water.

"Ma Stop it."

"No your taking this make up off."

She pulled me out of the tub and made me look at myself in the mirrow.

There were bruises covering my face. And there was a cut on my lip. There were dark rims around my eyes from all the sleepless nights.

"Do you know why I say not to hide your cuts?"

She didn't let me respond

"To show you everything that you do that pisses me off has a consequence."

Tears formed in my eyes but I hide it so she wouldn't get even angrier. She grabbed my shirt and took it off revealing all of the scars and bruises on there too. She took off my pants and left me in my basketball shorts.

She picked up a bottle of baby powder and threw it on me. The extension cord was waiting next to it. If you didn't know the baby powder made it sting. My mother picked up the cord and drew her hand back. But before she beat the life out of me I heard a voice.

"Mom Stop"

It was my brother. Travis.He grabbed her arm and distracted her long enough for me to get up get my stuff and get the hell out.

I made it to my room and slammed my door shut and locked it. Not too soon after I heard the cries of Travis ring through the house. I tried staying strong and be a man about not crying , but my mom breaks me.

Since my dad left her for someone else. She's been acting crazy. Beating both of us until we're black and blue. She refuses to let us have girlfriends or anything that would make us feel wanted. It's like she blames us for dad leaving. But the really crazy thing is she sometimes has these random acts of kindness they can last from 1 minute to a couple of days and then back to crazy.

I love my mother I do but I can't live with her anymore. She needs help. That's why I love Pooh so much she feels the void my mother doesn't. My baby loves me and I know she would never do anything to hurt me. And I would never hurt her. But I will fight for her and hurt anybody that tries to hurt her or us. I laid on my bed and softly cried myself to sleep.

Im pretty sure I havent posted a pic of Mason so theres a picture there now lol