Chapter 5 - Preparation

Inside Jayce's and Viktor's Hextech Research Building...

"So I heard you paid a visit to the mage this yesterday." Councilor Mel Medarda commented as she stares at Jayce tinkering with all the other Hextech machinery him and Viktor are currently working on.

"Councilor Medarda. Didn't hear you coming in. I apologize for that." Jayce smiled awkwardly, turning back to face her.

"No need." Councilor Medarda shrugged off with a smile, approaching Jayce confidently with a playful wink.

Jayce blinked nervously at her behavior with a weak chuckle, "Eh, and yes, Viktor and I went to visit V's house yesterday. We talked about Hextech and since he's a mage, it's only natural we asked for his help and guidance. His knowledge and wisdom could be useful and make progress go a lot more quicker and smoother. He refused though, at the moment, said he had a lot on his plate, but he said he will eventually come around once he clears up his own personal business."

"Do you really think that's his real name? V?" Councilor Medarda asked calmly, leaning against the wall.

"I don't know. He's an enigma that's for sure. He looks like he came from Zaun but his behavior and manners don't seem that way. Plus if there was a mage living in Zaun, almost everyone would have heard by now. Whereas V just literally popped out of nowhere." Jayce explained, "And since he can do instant teleportation, that just say he's not from here. He's an outsider, that's a guarantee."

"Quite the guess, almost the same as mine." Councilor Medarda remarked, "Can you guess why he's here?"

"That I can't. I only met him once, Councilor. Although I can safely he does have a soft spot. He did took up a helpless little child from the undercity, Powder, that's her name, she's a good kid although a little nosy I think. She was asking a lot of questions from us, I remember, me and Viktor almost thought she's a spy for the mage or the mage just disguising himself. Magic can make you do a lot of things after all." Jayce replied.

"I simply believe he's just a good man trying to make the best he can. Not really perfect. But still good." Viktor added as he stopped tinkering, "The fact that he rescued a random child he never met from the undercity and currently trying to find this child's sister tells us a lot about his character."

Councilor Medarda hummed in thought, "You do have a point there. And since there is definitely no benefit for him there, he still pursues it. I doubt that girl could repay him for what he's done for her now. Anyways that certainly tell us he would help people without reward if it's absolutely necessary."

~~~

Somewhere in Demacia, in an random bar...

The bar is filled with a lot of people. Mostly drunkards, some are there for a party and celebrate, and a few are there for business. One that clearly stood out from the rest of them all is a woman in a sandy dark cloak, sitting at a lonely table across the corner of the bar. People could make out her red tinted glasses and a stoic expression. Everyone could tell that this woman is not to be messed with considering the way she carried herself. Anyone could tell she was a fighter and a skilled one.

Amongst the crowd of people talking and laughing in their each respective table, a large drunkard took a large swig at his table. His friend with him followed soon after.

"Ah glorious. Nothing makes the day better than this." The large drunkard spoke out before he drank every last drop of his booze, "Hey, man, have you heard of that sexy demon around here who preys on men and drink their blood? Yeah looks like she went to Piltover."

"No shit." His friend replied with a bewildered look.

"Yeah not only that. Someone killed that demon finally. Like seriously. They say he was some mage who uses magical animals in combat and was hired by the councilors at Piltover. Just basically handed her severed head to them in a silver platter." The drunkard elaborated.